Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Birdy

Bilbao at home is never tough compared to Osasuna on the road lol. You made any research on that, Bilbao have like one of the most disastrous records vs Barca away.

History doesn't play football. Squads and their coaches play.

Bilbao is a much better team than Osasuna, no doubt about that

MontenegrinCuler

If he applies the policy to rest when medical team tells him then what does he do when they tell him he needs to rest a key player for el Clasico?

It's a terrible approach. He is the one who needs to plan ahead and based on opponents.
He should rest players when we have a comfortable lead, such as vs Valladolid or Girona

I have no doubts he will do that in the future, as the spanish press for sure will not miss the opportunity to tell him that after this match

And I also have little doubts he'll realise it himself

Still considering the ugly circumstances he's found himself in, that make resting a player equal to having a braindead brainless moron in your starting lineup, I don't put blame on him. He's dealing good with these circumstances, considering we are still top of La Liga.

serghei

Still considering the ugly circumstances he's found himself in, that make resting a player equal to having a braindead brainless moron in your starting lineup, I don't put blame on him. He's dealing good with these circumstances, considering we are still top of La Liga.

Obviously, the critique he's facing is based on the idea that errors like this one are gonna make us drop from 1st place. The reason the team is 1st is because, until today, no fuck-up happened in the league.

Birdy

Venues matter. A LOT usually.

They do.
Even if you are right and Bilbao H was in the merely 'tricky' games, the Osasuna A is never in the 'tough games' list of the season

We move.
We have played already 5 away, not an easy one in them. If we win against Alaves we will have 6 away off the list.

serghei

They do.
Even if you are right and Bilbao H was in the merely 'tricky' games, the Osasuna A is never in the 'tough games' list of the season

We move.
We have played already 5 away, not an easy one in them. If we win against Alaves we will have 6 away off the list.

Alaves is on the easy side.

jamrock

Kounde garcia Cubarsi fort

Casado Pedri

And the same front 4.

We would standy a much better chance, and he still rest every he wanted bar casado.

Even better rest one of yamal or raph vs getafe and play one today.

But I'm not even going that far back.

Joan

Osasuna is historically a tough match away from home. Sociedad also used to be tough in the past, for instance.

But it's not just the venue. Osasuna has been in good form lately, especially at home. Wouldn't have been an easy match even if we played with our temporary first 11.

Terrible approach from Flick, can't criticise him much given the injury list but he should've anticipated this.

MontenegrinCuler

Hansi Flick: "We have a lot of injuries, but there are no excuses."

There definitely are excuses, but I love the way he keeps carrying on with what he promised us the moment he arrived here - that there will be no excuses.

MontenegrinCuler

He said that? If he did, zero problems for me. It can happen, move on.
Yeah, on post match interview. Also, the words from other players such as Raphinha and Pau Victor... Visible change in mentality in the entire squad. Nobody takes any excuses and everybody takes the responsibility.

Home of Barca Fans