Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Porque

I like that he is active at the youth games. Great motivator for the kids.

I know Koeman went here and there too. I'm not sure if Xavi was there that much.

Will be a different story once the season enters the business. But at the least, shows he understands the clubs situation and is integrating positively into this new normal.

Horatio

You're welcome
I like that he is active at the youth games. Great motivator for the kids.

I know Koeman went here and there too. I'm not sure if Xavi was there that much.

Will be a different story once the season enters the business. But at the least, shows he understands the clubs situation and is integrating positively into this new normal.
valverde did as well

Total-Football

All about Flick is positive so far, but the season is long. Let's see how the team is gonna do against better opponents. So far we've only played away against a shitty Valencia. Girona and Villareal are gonna be bigger tests.
Season is long and full of terrors

jamrock

As I said earlier, he's definitely playing with a single pivot.

It will be interesting to see if de jong can fill that role, or will we need to drop some beside him to make him effective, because he's always struggled to be a single pivot and as things stand right now, pedri is basically a CM/AM, he's popping up all over the attack.

Casado and bernal have been disciplined and staying back, will be interesting to see how it develops when everyone is fit.

The wingers coming in to Press, what something brought up earlier as well, I think against teams with better wingers this will be dangerous

Birdy

As I said earlier, he's definitely playing with a single pivot.

It will be interesting to see if de jong can fill that role, or will we need to drop some beside him to make him effective, because he's always struggled to be a single pivot and as things stand right now, pedri is basically a CM/AM, he's popping up all over the attack.

Casado and bernal have been disciplined and staying back, will be interesting to see how it develops when everyone is fit.

The wingers coming in to Press, what something brought up earlier as well, I think against teams with better wingers this will be dangerous

Great vid!
As most tactical analyst have been saying in their detailed analyses, question is how Flick will manage to counter the danger of getting exposed in the flanks with his pressing system
That remains to be seen

But, I am overly excited about the time in the season when Flick's combinational/relationism play will click!
You can already see what Flick has in mind with the synergical central combinations he is trying to teach (as the vid analyzed)
That is still very raw.
But when it finally clicks....
Oh boy...
World is not ready for out attack then. We will be able to bombard with chance after chance many top teams

Andresito

Staff member
This summer I predicted that for Flick key will be to survive until winter and thus avoid the initial pressure as knives (normally hidden under Xavi tenure) would be out fast.

Now the demanding stretch begins for our thin squad. It will be an interesting ride.
You could divide these periods into blocks with international break dividing them.

1. Initial kick-off. Good start with 12/12 points and a good foundation. Not really a challenging period but we saw Madrid drop points.

2. Starting this weekend, will be the busy phase with 2 games every week. Challenge will be to rotate as much as possible while still winning games. Key will be to find a continous level as we won't be able to play at our peak every game, should aim for a solid 8 out of 10 level-wise.

3. The big matchup period and the real test to see how we stand against the best teams with Bayern and Madrid as opponents. Here our peak is going to be tested and nothing else but level 10/10 is accepted.

The blocks will demand different things from Flick.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You could divide these periods into blocks with international break dividing them.

1. Initial kick-off. Good start with 12/12 points and a good foundation. Not really a challenging period but we saw Madrid drop points.

2. Starting this weekend, will be the busy phase with 2 games every week. Challenge will be to rotate as much as possible while still winning games. Key will be to find a continous level as we won't be able to play at our peak every game, should aim for a solid 8 out of 10 level-wise.

3. The big matchup period and the real test to see how we stand against the best teams with Bayern and Madrid as opponents. Here our peak is going to be tested and nothing else but level 10/10 is accepted.

Think that's too much to ask from big matchup period. I don't expect 10/10 performances. Sooner or later we're gonna suffer from lack of rotation options. Unless Dominguez, Fort, Ferran or Eric turn into some kind of beasts. Or Frenkie or someone return as quality option.

We're way too thin in defense (dm included).

Porque

Good post. Breaking the season into these mini blocks is a great way of arranging the season and keeping the side motivated and focused.

jamrock

I like how he rotated in the B team players into training, instead of selecting the exact same players all the team, good way to have everyone feel involved and motivated.

Landry has been call up 2 days in a row I think, flick sees something there.

You have to be a top athlete to play FB for flick and Landry is definitely that.

Home of Barca Fans