Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

BJJ

You seriously said that after we've just signed a 60m player we don't need. :lol:

Bumsi won't complain because he is a big YES man. He'll do whatever Laporta wants and that's why he was hired.

At least Xavi had his own mind and stuck to that. Yes, he made mistakes but at least he's not spineless. I didn't like how he treated Roque so was fine when he left naively thinking that Flick will give him a fair chance but now Vitor will leave regardless (and it's not because Flick decided he's not good enough, it's him doing what Laporta wants) and we've also signed Olmo who I'm sure people would complain about if he'd be "a Xavi signing" but now it's suddenly ok, lol.

Can't wait to be two months into the season and reading how Bumsi wants to press more while he continues to play Ursus full 90 minutes every three days. But sure, tell us about the playstyle changes.

Him playing Dominguez and Junyent so much also shows he has no eye for talent. Thankfully Xavi has established Yamal and Fermin last season or now Bumsi would probably be playing Dani Rodriguez and Junyent ahead of them. :lol:
Firstly Xavi had a huge amount of credstacked up from being a club legend. He was allowed liberties no outsider is.
Secondly how many new employees come in and rock the boat???
If you do you usually end up being shitcanned or shunned. It's very rare a new employee can just come in and stand up to his or employees right of the bat.
Flick studies the job, did his homework and agreed he could work with the resources available. That's a positive.
Meanwhile that entitled prick Xavi had levers pulled for him,spent upwards of 200 million and STILL spent time moaning that the squad couldn't match Madrid.
After all the shitty performances and defeats a plethora of excuses followed with him never talking any responsibility.
Xavi was a clown. I'm really looking forward to him taking up his next job. He will be exposed again, big time.

BJJ

He'll return home sooner than you think.

And do better than this German genius.
You actually were impressed with yhe Xavi shitshow?? 🤣
Losing in EL to Eintracht and a shitty Utd.
Getting outplayed by liga sides with a 10th of our budget.
He might come as a caretaker manager for a short stint but no way he's going to get the permanent gig again.

TheStig

Xavi is one solid job elswhere away from being our coach again. Maybe even a solid job elswhere isn't necessary, just a change of president.

Messi983

You actually were impressed with yhe Xavi shitshow?? 🤣
Losing in EL to Eintracht and a shitty Utd.
Getting outplayed by liga sides with a 10th of our budget.
He might come as a caretaker manager for a short stint but no way he's going to get the permanent gig again.

Yeah, I know you hate him, don't have to repeat that again and again.

I think he did a good job given circumstances. Would like to see him when the club is in normal state again whenever that will be.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The best thing about Xavi was how he dealt with La Masia. Sporting Department wanted to do a special and sell Fermin for 600k, only Xavi stopped it. Everyone wanted Faye to be promoted and Xavi plucked a rabbit from the hat with Pau. Would another manager have trusted Lamine as much as Xavi? I doubt it. Xavi was the first to have major doubts about Roque as well.

The best players from our team are from La Masia. That factor alone gives a strong claim for Xavi to have continued.

In contrast, Flick preferred Dominguez to giving Faye game time at centre back. He preferred Junyent, who looks a nothing player, to either of the Fernandez cousins. He preferred Valle, who was great but can't defend for toffee, to Araujo or Fort. Strange strange decisions.

Jury is still out, but so far looks like Xavi has a far far better eye for young talent, and since our Sporting Department is a joke, that is our only route for success. Maybe we should have kept him ?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The best thing about Xavi was how he dealt with La Masia. Sporting Department wanted to do a special and sell Fermin for 600k, only Xavi stopped it. Everyone wanted Faye to be promoted and Xavi plucked a rabbit from the hat with Pau. Would another manager have trusted Lamine as much as Xavi? I doubt it. Xavi was the first to have major doubts about Roque as well.

The best players from our team are from La Masia. That factor alone gives a strong claim for Xavi to have continued.

In contrast, Flick preferred Dominguez to giving Faye game time at centre back. He preferred Junyent, who looks a nothing player, to either of the Fernandez cousins. He preferred Valle, who was great but can't defend for toffee, to Araujo or Fort. Strange strange decisions.

Jury is still out, but so far looks like Xavi has a far far better eye for young talent, and since our Sporting Department is a joke, that is our only route for success. Maybe we should have kept him ?

Maybe we should have kept him as youth coach or advisor.

We played terrible football under Xavi. Teams with fraction of our budget played better.

jamrock

Yea I agree with this, flick choices as to who should play from the youth, leaves question marks.

With cubarsi and yamal, most knew they were special just whether they were ready for the first team, Xavi was brave enough to play them and only he saw something in fermin.

Here comes flick, with the entire club and fan base saying, faye and Fernandez are effectively the cubarsi and yamal of this season, and dude comes in plays Dom jr who can't defend for shit and quim, who has no real prospects of making it at Barcelona.

Say what we want about the club/media hype machine, but they have gotten in right as it relates to who are the masia kids to keep and eye on, these past few years.

Porque

Yea I agree with this, flick choices as to who should play from the youth, leaves question marks.

With cubarsi and yamal, most knew they were special just whether they were ready for the first team, Xavi was brave enough to play them and only he saw something in fermin.

Here comes flick, with the entire club and fan base saying, faye and Fernandez are effectively the cubarsi and yamal of this season, and dude comes in plays Dom jr who can't defend for shit and quim, who has no real prospects of making it at Barcelona.

Say what we want about the club/media hype machine, but they have gotten in right as it relates to who are the masia kids to keep and eye on, these past few years.

How many times do I have to tell you. Kim Jun Yent is playing for the Korean sponsors.

companyofcules

He was desperate. Trust or not, his trasfers were shit and the kids were better. No La Masia meant total collapse.

I can't forgive Xavi for Mingueza. He absolutely crushed his career. Xavi showed his colors before he was desperate. After that I can agree he did a decent job, but out of fear.
Take Fort, he was absolutely outstanding on the left, but once Cancelo was available Fort was absolutely ignored for the left flank.
Guiu saved his ass, absolutely ignored after. Believe me, Yamal was too much hyped for Xavi to play his trasfers. The guy is narcissistic but you can't bench Yamal for no reason for the jar shark

companyofcules

You need to give players a chance regardless of their stated potential. It's just a preseason, knows jack shit about our youth so he needs to see them.
But it seems Fort is done. He isn't that good on the right to impress Flick and we needed him so much on the left where he was a machine. I fear he will be benched until he will become Roberto v2.

jamrock

Last time Xavi got close to what he wanted.

A DM (old man river walk) and true wingers he won us the league, if we close on coman, I expect us to win the league or come very close.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans