Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

FinBarcelonafan

He can't press with this team, except in short bursts of 20 mins or so, like we've seen with Xavi, so that's out. The question is if he has any idea whatsoever about alternative ways of playing.

We need to alternate periods of pressing, with periods of being compact at the back, with short distances between the lines, and playing on the counter.
I think you are right and he seems to expect them to press 90min. It will never happen.

Basically no plan B

JamDav1982

No top team would think that Lewa/Gundo is how can press from front in modern football.

Made worse by having no real pace around them.

mc_lovin

Don't understand why all the good signs in US tour evaporated in this game. No pressing, no verticality, slow as fuck handball passing. Maybe needs to play Yunyen & Co + Lamine whole season.
Teams are just in shit shape for their US tours, which inflates the performances of our players usually. It’s what we are great at, make mediocre youngsters look like they always played for the first team, aka cohesion.

Messi983

Don't understand why all the good signs in US tour evaporated in this game. No pressing, no verticality, slow as fuck handball passing. Maybe needs to play Yunyen & Co + Lamine whole season.

What good signs? Few good individual performances from the youngsters but haven't seen any improvement in how we played in US tour either.

Still very early and missing lot of players so won't panic yet but I'm not too optimistic about this season. And I'm usually trying to be positive.

jamrock

He will have to marry his high energy style, with Barcelona possession, looked like he understand this to me, in the games I've seen.

He just should have listened to us and not play dom jr

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
loaning a DM and possibly backup CF after getting rid of all the deadwood will be back on the menu on deadline day if Pau doesn’t impress until that

mc_lovin

Him and the players are spewing that they want to press for 90 minutes… they can’t be that dumb? Flick has to have some other plan…

Home of Barca Fans