Ibrahim Afellay

LaMessiah

We have a lot of options from the B team to use. Afellay is a great guy and for him it sucks what happened, but it would be really a big word to say that this injury is going affect us in any sensible way. GD, Cuenca, Kiko for the wings or Rafinha, Sergi Roberto in midfield - that's a really good cover. And I don't think that any of these guys would perform any worse than Afellay, tbh (now I expect to be ripped off from Ibi's fanboys)
i think you're spot on, personally. i love affelay and have always hoped he'd make a niche for himself but talent is still coming through the ranks. would love to see sergi roberto start to get more time in copa games

Barcilliant

His career as a Barca player is almost certainly over. Shame, cause he had the ability to bring something more direct to our team. Bad luck and a lack of confidence havent helped his cause. Will surely be sold in the summer for around 5-10 million.

kaisers0ze

You mean Barca carreer, or his carreer? Can you post the source for this please?

Get well Ibi.. you're just too unlucky...

Sooo many injuries at the start of the season.. whats happening... Is this the result of having a late pre-season? Just coincidence?

Galning

Sooo many injuries at the start of the season.. whats happening... Is this the result of having a late pre-season? Just coincidence?

As you said, just unlucky. There's nothing you can do about a knee ligament. Even if you're in top-form you can get injured, just bad luck for Ibi :(

Yugi

"I lost my father when I was six. My mother had to break her back to bring up her five children. So, being sidelined for a month or two is not what I would call bad luck."
Ibrahim Afellay

I read this few hours before his injury was confirmed, I feel sad

coolasif

Get well soon Ibi.You will be sorely missed.I will always remember him for his assist against Madrid in UCL semifinal last season.

zanela

Don't they exercise more caution during training? Any serious injury while in training or otherwise is quite unfortunate. Apart from the physical implications, its a huge psychological set back esp when you've just returned from weeks of similar distress. :(

Its also sad that some fans continue with the digs and dismiss him even in his difficult times. Any mishap or adversity to employees of this institution is regretted and it matters li'l the nature of the role you occupy in the squad. To discriminate on such lines and take 'positives' from it, is improper and distasteful.

The Ibi transfer was more a business decision, than a footballing one. Its not that, he isn't a great player. Just that his profile isn't Blaugrana and his opportunities limited. And for a player of his talents, he deserves a starting berth, but in an arrangement that does him justice. When the time comes, I hope he makes the right decision. With no inhibitions, he'd be a force elsewhere.
Personally, rate him higher than any of the Man Utd/ chelsea's wingers (bar Mata).

Get well soon Ibi. You deserve better!

Home of Barca Fans