İlkay Gündoğan

companyofcules

In hindsight, if Gündogan's leaving shows anything, then that Flick isn't as spineless as some fans assess him to be. Gündogan was a Xavi transfer, he wanted him above anything else and under Xavi he played every game. Now Flick comes around the corner and when rumours about Olmo started to appear, many fans including myself critized Deco and Flick for taking away Fermin's playing time for someone, who is not needed.
But the situation is now that Gündogan is leaving and Deco is working to extend Fermin's contract. Turned out it wasn't about Fermin, but Flick wasn't that enthusiastic to keep Gündogan.
And if you think about it, it only logical. Flick demands a strong physical performance, to press non stop. You can't do that with a 36 year old Lewandowski and a 34 year old Gündogan behind him. Our pressing would have had more holes than a swiss cheese. Gündogan is still a class player, but in combination with Lewandowski it wouldn't have worked out for Flick.
Flick confirmed there was a talk between them and I think in this talk Flick told him he isn't an undisputed starter anymore like he was under Xavi. Especially, because in Flick's system there is only one OM spot and not two. Olmo, Pedri, Gavi, Fermin. All young players more capable to perform better in Flick's pressing as well as their salary is way lower than that of Gündo.
And I think Gündogan is too proud to sit on the bench for some kids as former captain of City, so he asked to leave as a consequence and the club has nothing against it, as it helps with their salary limit.

If it happened like that and it sounds very logical to me now, it's the best for all sides. A professional assessment of the general situation without unnecessary feelings. Xavi wanted to get rid of Lewy, Flick didn't count on Gündogan. Every coach has his preferences and Deco listened to Flick in this matter.
I told ya Barcelona has a problem with low iq fans that become influencers and presidents. I don't know why we atract the low iq.1000045998.jpg
1000045993.jpg1000045991.jpg

Attachments

• 1000045998.jpg
    1000045998.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 1000045993.jpg
    1000045993.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1000045998.jpg
    1000045998.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 9

Devils

Nice gesture on his part.

Completely entitled to do what Frenkie and Lenglet are doing but chose otherwise. Not that Frenkie or Lenglet are in the wrong here either.

Club is run by idiots, hopefully vote of no confidence against Laporta this year.

Porque

That would be nightmare.

I don't know what is more retarted Font as president or again look at Xavi's boring game like I am watching Allegri.

Every time I think of Font. I remember the report that he wanted to maintain the signing of Eric for 6m on higher wages than that we renegotiated.

My only hope right now is that the Bizum guy is legit.

CatalinR10

how about this ?

456655353_1054651539358863_2594725101465560758_n.jpg

vuji_31

Every time I think of Font. I remember the report that he wanted to maintain the signing of Eric for 6m on higher wages than that we renegotiated.

My only hope right now is that the Bizum guy is legit.
I really don't have any hope for Barca in next elections.

When I hear barca dna, xavi and font I want to throw up.

Home of Barca Fans