Ivan Rakitić

JamDav1982

well calling the statistically best attacking midfield creator in La Liga before he joined Barca an always mediocre player doesn't really give much weight to the rest of the post you wrote.

Assists etc dont tell the whole story.

He played AM for Sevilla and was given freedom to try a lot of attenpts to open up the opposition. Was almost all set pieces as well. That is why he had good assist stats. None of that was going to translate to Barca.

Reminds me a bit of Liverpool thinking Charlie Adam was great based on stats. Similar type situation although Raki clearly a better player.

Neymessi

well calling the statistically best attacking midfield creator in La Liga before he joined Barca an always mediocre player doesn't really give much weight to the rest of the post you wrote.

Stats never tell the whole story. The fact that stats showed him the better midfielder in comparison to all midfielders of even barca,real and koke back then just prove my point.

Raketa10

Stats never tell the whole story. The fact that stats showed him the better midfielder in comparison to all midfielders of even barca,real and koke back then just prove my point.

Firs of all Koke is one of the most overrated midfielders in the world.
Rakitic had phenomenal 2 seasons in Sevilla and fantastic season and a half for us, he also played some great games for Croatian national team, so calling him mediocre is just silly.

gasgas

Rakitic had phenomenal 2 seasons in Sevilla and fantastic season and a half for us, he also played some great games for Croatian national team, so calling him mediocre is just silly.

Rakitic is the most overrated midfielder at Barca.

Cesc was statistically our best midfielder :coffee: and he is mediocre

JamDav1982

Wasnt phenomenal for Sevilla he played well for then as main attacking threat but never looked technically all that amazing.

Nor was he fantastič for a year and half at barca. He was poor at first half season then was solid as Barca gave up midfield for MSN. Last season and this he has been up and down.

Raketa10

Out of curiosity, why do you think so?

IMO, Koke is a key player for a great Atleti side and is rated as one of the best CMs in world.

Rated by who? He is slow as hell, he is not a true playmaker nor a control oriented midfielder. I really see nothing special in him. The entire idea of ATM is get the ball pass it to Griezmann and than defend defend and defend.

JamDav1982

Rated by who? He is slow as hell, he is not a true playmaker nor a control oriented midfielder. I really see nothing special in him. The entire idea of ATM is get the ball pass it to Griezmann and than defend defend and defend.

Koke is a much better player than Rakitic. Simple as that.

xXKonan

When you watch Koke when he plays for Spain, you can see his true qualities that he would not be able to show when he plays for Atletico. I would love to have him here.

Neymessi

Surely he wasn't 'fantastic' for a season and a half for us. By mediocre I mean mediocre for barca, not barca-level. He did not let that affect us though. He made up by defending a lot for us so I am not really sad that we signed him. But as an attacking player, for which he was bought, he wasn't and isn't that good. Better than a lot of our current midfielders but not starting barca material.

Also koke is much better than rakitic.

FinBarcelonafan

Surely he wasn't 'fantastic' for a season and a half for us. By mediocre I mean mediocre for barca, not barca-level. He did not let that affect us though. He made up by defending a lot for us so I am not really sad that we signed him. But as an attacking player, for which he was bought, he wasn't and isn't that good. Better than a lot of our current midfielders but not starting barca material.

Also koke is much better than rakitic.

Have you seen him play? He is covering space for MSN.. Like he said in one article: He would run his legs for MSN. His job is not to create goals for Barca. It's mostly defensive. He can make great plays offensively, but thats not his role with Barcleona. He has taken this unselfish job and done pretty damn good job, while not getting too much credit for it.

Every game he is running like crazy for 60-70 min, offense and defense. The guy is work horse.

Home of Barca Fans