Ivan Rakitić

Neymessi

He is underperforming... so do they almost all... but this hype sell ALL and buy WC players on all positions is such garbage. First of all with what money? With what "payroll sufficite" we don't have... Who will buy for some "normal" money half of our dead wight? Who better than Rakitić will come here for some "normal" monney and paycheck...

People forget that this aint 90-00... there are oil.clubs, there are EPL TVrights money loaded clubs, now there are Chinese clubs...

If one Andre Gomes was 40-50 whatever milions, who better than Rakitić will come for price we can afford... in the moment we need more WC players on more positions?
This aint now about Rakitić beeing on 2015. level or 2017. level. It is about who will and whit what money will you buy that is BETTER and not DOUBLE the cost.

When Barça buys price skyrockets. This aint Football manager or some doodlydoo game. Here everyone want's to squeez Barça money. And we surely aint RM.

That is all true, but who plays behind him? Sure not Dani Alves.

People here say Messi does not do this and that, but who plays in the middle? SUre not Xavi and Iniesta prime... I don't say Rakitić is WC or some shit like that... I am not blind. But he is one of the best FOR the given surrouounding of circumstances.

This ain't directly to you. This is even more for smart people who in transfers and rumours want Veratti, Dembele, Mbape, Kante, ROnaldo, Pele, Maradona, Neuer and Kahn all in one summer. Just parafraizing it but you see my picture.

Half of the team needs to be cleared, but I am affraid some of them won't go even for free somewhere because noone will pay them as much as Barça does.
So Rakitić is some of our lesser worries.

Yep he not our primary worries at all. In fact I don't think no one blames this mess on him.

As I said he has done well relatively compared to our other midfielders by defending a lot for us and not attack much and overall he has given us more than his talents could have given us with his high work rate. But after he was bought we have continuingly placed bets on even more average attacking midfielders than rakitic to turn out as good as him.

He was bought as an attacker but he turned into more of a cdm but this wasn't planned. We need more attacking threat in the midfield and all we have been buying is dead wood. I seriously think we have to go all out and get at least one of verratti or coutinhio to see a difference. No way I want rakitic sold and he be a good backup for sure.

F

FlaFCB

He's the one who's suffering the most without Alves. Rakitic isn't a midfielder like Xavi, and we need that. Someone who can control a game.

JerseyAddict

He's the one who's suffering the most without Alves. Rakitic isn't a midfielder like Xavi, and we need that. Someone who can control a game.

And that costs shitload of money. And besides money who is that proven WC that will/let go to come... here is the problem.

F

FlaFCB

And that costs shitload of money. And besides money who is that proven WC that will/let go to come... here is the problem.

We are in this position thanks to the board and their shitty decisions since they took over. Licho's decision regarding players has also been abysmal. We had Thiago and let him go for cheap. Licho passed on signing Kroos for 25m... They signed a lot of shit like song, arda, gomes, instead of doing a proper scout for mids.

JamDav1982

Not only do the team lack a control type player like Xavi they lack any real creativity from midfield or a player that can open up the opposition in way Iniesta used to help do.

If Rakitic stays as a starter this summer he is lucky that there are more pressing transfers needed but go into next season with Raki and Iniesta as starting CMs then will struggle again as those two are nowhere near what other top clubs have.

sabby

I always saw Rakitic as Keita 2.0 He's not suitable for bearing the mid-field on his shoulder. He had a crap game but at least he tries which is more than we can say for some of the players in our team.

Sneer

Banned
I always saw Rakitic as Keita 2.0 He's not suitable for bearing the mid-field on his shoulder. He had a crap game but at least he tries which is more than we can say for some of the players in our team.

If you think Keita wasn't good enough. . . You were probably listening to comentaries on the radio and not watching him play.

Devils

Rakitic is good. He doesn't need to be sold, in fact he's exactly the type of player you would want to have for your squad depth.

God Serena

If we promote Alena, bring back Samper, and buy/promote a RB so Roberto can return to midfield, we'll already have plenty of depth that would make Rakitic surplus to requirements. Each of these players would provide a better outlet for controlling the midfield, which Rakitic is, simply put, awful at. No, I'm not saying they're better, it's just La Masia training is designed to train players like that.

If we could get rid of all the dead weight we should be able to bring in a good CM or two. Signing a good CM and putting him next to Roberto wouldn't be as legendary as we were once used to but it'd be a ton better than Iniesta and Gomes or Iniesta and Rakitic.

sabby

If you think Keita wasn't good enough. . . You were probably listening to comentaries on the radio and not watching him play.

I never said Keita (or Rakitic) wasn't good enough. I meant they are not suitable for a consistent CM role to lead the mid-field and create chances day in day out ala Xavi.

KingLeo10

needs to be sold or become a definite bench player next season. the man lost ALL motivation since the treble. it's only been downhill since. never had the technique. now doesn't have the muscle and physicality.

Home of Barca Fans