Ivan Rakitić

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He had a good game, even if I think he wasn't as good as in previous matches...

Still, his workrate is key to our success...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Multiple great tackles, flawless support play, and some magnificent forward balls to set Munir/Alba through. He's becoming quickly indispensable and relied upon to do many of our background duties. He had a great performance today but even if by chance he doesn't have one in certain games, he'll still be important.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Multiple great tackles, flawless support play, and some magnificent forward balls to set Munir/Alba through. He's becoming quickly indispensable and relied upon to do many of our background duties. He had a great performance today but even if by chance he doesn't have one in certain games, he'll still be important.

Well said, Don.

I guess it is a bitter sweet result for ya? :p

F

Flavia

And no time needed to fit in, no struggling to find his place. That's the most impressive thing. He never stops, plays all heart, all game. Incredible signing.

Androutsos

I remember in the 4-0 against Milan where Busi kept winning balls in the second phase everytime Milan tried to break. Now we have Rakitic there to help him win those balls and spring attacks its awesome.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well said, Don.

I guess it is a bitter sweet result for ya? :p

Yeah but I don't really feel bad :D. Proud of Athletic's effort and very happy for Barca to be playing at this level.

And no time needed to fit in, no struggling to find his place. That's the most impressive thing. He never stops, plays all heart, all game. Incredible signing.

He'll be pivotal to our success despite being a newbie. His passing awareness and quick thinking are quite visibly improving with each game. A bargain signing and with his relatively young age he can help us for a longggg time. Very happy to have him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He'll be pivotal to our success despite being a newbie. His passing awareness and quick thinking are quite visibly improving with each game. A bargain signing and with his relatively young age he can help us for a longggg time. Very happy to have him.

Rakitic has easily 5-6 more years of physical peak left and what's more, like you said, he's still young enough to continue improving. Gem and bargain indeed.

As Flavia said too, very impressive the way he has just been able to step in from the get go and fit in like a glove. I've never seen such a seamless integration to what must be a very complicated and difficult team to play with and position to play within.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He was a good shout for MOTM some sublime long balls to Alba and Munir as well as Pedro who somehow miscontrolled them. Super defensive workrate. He should be the first name on the team sheet in midfield

FC B

When you think many rm fans laugh at Barca for singing of him as compared to their Kroos signing :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Even us Croats didn't think he'd be this good for Barca. Whoever pushed for his transfer needs to be credited.
And yes, Kroos is nowhere near. At least not yet.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Even us Croats didn't think he'd be this good for Barca. Whoever pushed for his transfer needs to be credited.
And yes, Kroos is nowhere near. At least not yet.

I was with his signing all the way. In your face naysayers

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rakitic has easily 5-6 more years of physical peak left and what's more, like you said, he's still young enough to continue improving. Gem and bargain indeed.

As Flavia said too, very impressive the way he has just been able to step in from the get go and fit in like a glove. I've never seen such a seamless integration to what must be a very complicated and difficult team to play with and position to play within.

That last part is key really, remember how out of place Cesc looked so often early on after his return?...Several key factors going into this season, Rakitic is clearly one of them

Home of Barca Fans