Jean Michaël Seri

Garrus

Seri's strongest attributes shines much more in possession than without, He'll get plenty of that with us.

Yannik

I thought he gave possession away quite a lot. Some of the mistakes he made would get him a lot of heat at Barca. Just 5mins ago he fucked up a backpass, Mertens incepted him in his own half and Dante saved their asses from 0-2.

wisconsincule

Haven't watched today but when I have seen him I thought he looked slow too. But aren't we signing him so he can dictate the pace of the game and slow play down anyways? Xavi was never really fast...

Raketa10

Honestly pace isn't an issue if he's fast in the head. A large part of why Gomes is known as a turtle despite actually being one of our fastest midfielders (Apparently, somehow) is because he's just so damn slow to come up with an idea of what to do when he has the ball. Xavi+Iniesta+Busquets was never a fast midfield but you wouldn't know it from watching them play as a unit.

I agree with you but you have to take into consideration that Iniesta and Xavi were technically out of this world and they played together for years. Seri for sure isn't at their level.

I don't expect from him to have Bale type of pace but he basically didn't follow any counterattack today, his transition play was also bad. He stayed behind every single time. Maybe it's tactical decision of the manager but I doubt it.

However his first touch is great.

Last edited:

clemente

Kinda sloppy today, maybe he is being overplayed, playing a lot of games lately. Also he isnt slow, I think he has more pace than Xavi or Iniesta ever had.
What stood out to me was Jorginho tho, those 1 touch passes forward were really accurate and dangerous, wouldnt mind to have him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Doesn't look like he could make a big difference. Which is the only type of player we need right now. Already got like 7-8 average midfielders in our team.

Givenchy

im wary about buying from Ligue 1 tbh.. pretty shit league. atleast Dembele proved himself in the Bundesliga.

on the other hand Chelsea could be buying Drinkwater for £40m so we cant go wrong with the fee for Seri :lol:

Yannik

Why?
He is playing very well today and was also their best player in the first game.
Great pace, good dribbling and still only 20.

Because Great pace, good dribbling is about the only thing he has. If you want him to play a pass or link up with his teammates, forget it, the guy is the french Adama Traore. Not Barca quality at all. Not to mention that guy is another absolute nutter.

Raketa10

For me it's totally wrong to look at him like a Xavi succesor. There is only one Xavi and one Iniesta.

For example Real didn't look for new Zidane after he retired. He is either good or not but we shouldn't compare him to Xavi. It's just wrong to do that.

I hope we will be buying him because he is a good player and not because we see Xavi replica in him. We need to evolve from that.

Oh and one more thing, Napoli is playing fantastic today.

Home of Barca Fans