Joan Laporta

JamDav1982

So jamdav the dummy never claimed the club has plenty of money to sign likes of haaland & Tchouameni if they really wanted to? Despite everyone with sense knowing & saying that's an impossible task?.

Yes or No, dodo brain?.

What JamDav claimed is that the club have the means to sign Haaland had he said yes through CVC and selling of players etc and would be done by now had he wanted to play for Barca.

Been explained to you a number of times.

You are the dummy that claims club have no money but can sign Lewandowski?

Who brings more investment over next few years dummy? Lewa or Haaland?

You are the dummy that claims club has no money and wasted what little had on Torres.. thats on the board chief.

Sensational.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kessie us 25, he isn't old. And he fits in fine, at least on paper.
We signed many young prospects, and those we let go didn't prove us wrong (Moriba says hi)
Not sure how RM or Bayern are ahead of us planning for the future, they are both heavily reliant on their old guard.
The reason we are linked to Alonso and Azpi is due to coach wishes and liw cost, sure some random journalists claimed they will get high salary but that isn't something we know yet, so no reason to complain based on assumptions

I lumped Kessie there with Azpi and Alonso not because of his age but because he has to be the most underwhelming transfer in a long while as nobody seems to be excited about him. Haven't seen this kind of consensus on a transfer for a long time.

Azpi and Alsonso are probably Xavi's requests but Laporta is seemly let Xavi run the show without an ounce of analysis and intervention.

Madrid reportedly is signing Tchoumeni so their midfield revamp is mostly done, if so. Bayern signed Mazraoui (who I have doubts), is getting closer to signing Gravenberch and is also working to sign Nkunku, even though they already have pretty formidable midfield made up of Kimmich, Goreztka and Musiala (and the wonderkid Wanner).

For us, neither Christensen nor Kessie appear to be exciting, and we might not even register them anyways. The other players we linked with are old, stop-gap patches that might not even be cheap at all (Lewandowski for example). And if we sell De Jong and Gavi etc., the prospect looks just so gloomy and dark.

This is not a rebuild, this is just like one of those panicking moves Bartomeu made when Neymar left.

jamrock

What JamDav claimed is that the club have the means to sign Haaland had he said yes through CVC and selling of players etc and would be done by now had he wanted to play for Barca.

Been explained to you a number of times.

You are the dummy that claims club have no money but can sign Lewandowski?

Who brings more investment over next few years dummy? Lewa or Haaland?

You are the dummy that claims club has no money and wasted what little had on Torres.. thats on the board chief.

Sensational.

Fail.

JamDav1982

Nah when you stop trying to use my own burn against me I'll reply ��.

Know that one hurt, sorry.

Not sorry ������, freaking stupid

Nice try.

You have no reply.

Keep delfecting.

Love it. Proves my point.

I demand you give another hilaroius emoji filled response. Good dog.

Porque

We have no money, I get it. But how can Laporta justify signing free oldies on high wages and sporting-wise making little sense (Azpi, Alonso and Kessie etc.), while letting young players slip away?

It is truly depressing to see everybody else, including Madrid and Bayern who are already steps ahead of us planning for the future and getting linked to promising young players while we are just keeping a repertoire of old and increasingly ineffective Spanish players.

This can just be explained by the lack of money. Poor planning and zero vision.

Christensen and Kessie are good signings.

Not re-signing Gavi yet re-signing Roberto and adding two 30+ backup fullbacks is a disaster though.

It's added disaster when the rumoured other interest is Liverpool, a team with a firm wage structure that we should be able to compete with.

The renewal is getting to squeeky bum time, but on the other hand there is a clear salary cap issue imposed by LaLiga to get around and also alot of rumours going around.

Personally I would do two things. First screw the salary cap and renew Gavi. Think later about the registration issues for potential world class players from the academy.

Then secondly, if Gavi is giving signs of being problematic long term, then renew but with a more enticing release clause (80-90m).

But honestly, the longer this goes on the more likely it seems that the club is desperate for that 50m income.

Disguistinf situation to be in when we have to sell our assets and keep our liabilities - in terms of players. Thank you, fuck you and good night Tebas.

jamrock

The gavi situation is complicated & filled with rumors.

It is that we want to resign & he's stalling or is it that he wants to resign but due to our economic situation we are willing to take the 50m?

No one really knows it's all guess work at this point, but if it's the latter, it's stupid, I know we are broke & need the income but better to sell Frankie & every other salable asset before gavi.

If it's the former, you obviously sell, the clock is ticking we can't have him getting close to the end of the transfers window without resigning are the club will be forgoing it's fiduciary duty if they do not sell him, even though the fan base will potentially be upset.

At the end of the day I think he will resign, but he needs to move it quick.

If we can register kessie & Torre is good,it will hurt but we'll be okay.

khaled_a_d

I lumped Kessie there with Azpi and Alonso not because of his age but because he has to be the most underwhelming transfer in a long while as nobody seems to be excited about him. Haven't seen this kind of consensus on a transfer for a long time.

Azpi and Alsonso are probably Xavi's requests but Laporta is seemly let Xavi run the show without an ounce of analysis and intervention.

Madrid reportedly is signing Tchoumeni so their midfield revamp is mostly done, if so. Bayern signed Mazraoui (who I have doubts), is getting closer to signing Gravenberch and is also working to sign Nkunku, even though they already have pretty formidable midfield made up of Kimmich, Goreztka and Musiala (and the wonderkid Wanner).

For us, neither Christensen nor Kessie appear to be exciting, and we might not even register them anyways. The other players we linked with are old, stop-gap patches that might not even be cheap at all (Lewandowski for example). And if we sell De Jong and Gavi etc., the prospect looks just so gloomy and dark.

This is not a rebuild, this is just like one of those panicking moves Bartomeu made when Neymar left.

So, basically you are annoyed by assumptions?
Gravenberch isn't exactly building block for the future btw, nice talent but long way to go, same with Mazraoui. They aren't anywhere close to getting Nkunku, heck their fans are laughing at this idea. His agent is non other than Zhavi who went on war with them with both Alaba and Lewa. They want no business with him.
Bayern are signing 30 years old winger Mane, who will cost something very similar to Lewa and inferior player too (and younger tbf) and mediocre/tier 2 talent like Mazraoui & Gravenberch aren't building up for the future.
RM is signing 29 years old Rudiger, who failed at 4 atb system, they are facing a battle to sign Tchoumeni who is very similar player to Camavinga and doesn't solve the problem they face with aging Modric and Kroos, he is likely going to be overpriced and won't negate the fact they will need to invest heavily in the future to replace their old core

Each club in the world can throw names and say future is bright, each big club probably has 6 or so wonderkids in the ranks and few are joining each summer.
We can say we signed Spain's most promising midfielder outside of La Masia (Torre) along an already young core, we have Fati, Pedri Araujo etc.

Also, the club isn't in for proper rebuild either, this is one thing Laporta always been consistent about: He wants to win. This is our direction.
And let's be honest, with current old socios it was the direction any club president was going to do. RM themselves never went for proper rebuild even when they needed too.

If you want to judge Laporta based on "what we wish" the grade will be bad for sure, but honestly and with the true reality of the club (finance, politics, socios etc) it is a C+ at worst IMO. We lost Messi, every top coach turned us down, lost Griezmann etc and still finished 2nd in Liga. Cup performanes were awful tbf.

Also, most Milan fans actually liked Kessie, and most think he will be solid addition to Barca, those are the ones who actually watch him every game.

I would hate it if our transfers ended up just being Kessie, Christensen, Lewa along Azpi & Alonso, sure very underwhelming.
But atm we hear a new rumour every day, one day we are selling FDJ and only getting Alonso and Azpi, another we are buying Kounde and Neves to replace Busquets and Pique

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So, basically you are annoyed by assumptions?
Gravenberch isn't exactly building block for the future btw, nice talent but long way to go, same with Mazraoui. They aren't anywhere close to getting Nkunku, heck their fans are laughing at this idea. His agent is non other than Zhavi who went on war with them with both Alaba and Lewa. They want no business with him.
Bayern are signing 30 years old winger Mane, who will cost something very similar to Lewa and inferior player too (and younger tbf) and mediocre/tier 2 talent like Mazraoui & Gravenberch aren't building up for the future.
RM is signing 29 years old Rudiger, who failed at 4 atb system, they are facing a battle to sign Tchoumeni who is very similar player to Camavinga and doesn't solve the problem they face with aging Modric and Kroos, he is likely going to be overpriced and won't negate the fact they will need to invest heavily in the future to replace their old core

Each club in the world can throw names and say future is bright, each big club probably has 6 or so wonderkids in the ranks and few are joining each summer.
We can say we signed Spain's most promising midfielder outside of La Masia (Torre) along an already young core, we have Fati, Pedri Araujo etc.

Also, the club isn't in for proper rebuild either, this is one thing Laporta always been consistent about: He wants to win. This is our direction.
And let's be honest, with current old socios it was the direction any club president was going to do. RM themselves never went for proper rebuild even when they needed too.

If you want to judge Laporta based on "what we wish" the grade will be bad for sure, but honestly and with the true reality of the club (finance, politics, socios etc) it is a C+ at worst IMO. We lost Messi, every top coach turned us down, lost Griezmann etc and still finished 2nd in Liga. Cup performanes were awful tbf.

Also, most Milan fans actually liked Kessie, and most think he will be solid addition to Barca, those are the ones who actually watch him every game.

I would hate it if our transfers ended up just being Kessie, Christensen, Lewa along Azpi & Alonso, sure very underwhelming.
But atm we hear a new rumour every day, one day we are selling FDJ and only getting Alonso and Azpi, another we are buying Kounde and Neves to replace Busquets and Pique

Of course neither Madrid or Bayern etc. is set after these transfers but they are further solidifying themselves, that is the point. We are already behind and look at the signings that we have done and are rumored to sign (forget about the likes of Kounde etc., we have no money), so underwhelming. Fati, Pedri Araujo and Torre alone will not change anything, the first three had nothing to do with Laporta and Xavi anyways.

I know fans want trophies, but do we honestly expect to win anything with the likes of Azpi and Alonso, adding them to our current roster? I know our hands are tied and bound by Tebas, since that's the case, we might as well use this opportunity to look for younger players and prospects both at La Masia and elsewhere, make a gamble and give them a chance, instead of looking for some old players on higher wages who will likely not increase our chances of getting trophies by much at all.

Anyways, depressing times.

jamrock

If we sign lewa, alonso, azpi, Kessi, Christensen

Get rid of umtimi, lenglet, Alves, we are forced to lose Frankie to balance the books & keep gavi.

Given were everyone with sense knows where we are, I'd take that.

khaled_a_d

Of course neither Madrid or Bayern etc. is set after these transfers but they are further solidifying themselves, that is the point. We are already behind and look at the signings that we have done and are rumored to sign (forget about the likes of Kounde etc., we have no money), so underwhelming. Fati, Pedri Araujo and Torre alone will not change anything, the first three had nothing to do with Laporta and Xavi anyways.

I know fans want trophies, but do we honestly expect to win anything with the likes of Azpi and Alonso, adding them to our current roster? I know our hands are tied and bound by Tebas, since that's the case, we might as well use this opportunity to look for younger players and prospects both at La Masia and elsewhere, make a gamble and give them a chance, instead of looking for some old players on higher wages who will likely not increase our chances of getting trophies by much at all.

Anyways, depressing times.

If we have no money, then we are signing Alonso and Azpi because they are cheap.
Honestly, I think Lewandowski alone make us true contender for Liga, and if we actually win it,he will be worth the trouble.
While I agree with Jamie long stance that fullbacks are our achillis heel, I think with a proper goal scorer and better GK or CB due we can win Liga.
That is why I understand their stance. Sure I want a "fuck it,let's go full rebuild of this squad" but I don't think this is what the club (including socios who owns it) really want

JamDav1982

Cant claim have no money if spending 60m on Torres and likes of Lewandowski on big money.

Ceretainly not to point that it is argument for signing Azpi/Alonso/Alves/renewing Roberto etc.

Home of Barca Fans