Joan Laporta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Being criticized a lot today even by reporters that have always had his back.

No one is saying he should resign or get ousted btw before someone thinks about that.

It’s just that even his supporters are growing tired of this loudmouth saying one thing while the reality is different.

He said they will get back to the 1:1 rule by the start of the window. Said would address the holes in the team and could sign multiple players with a high fee.

As of today none of the things are true. As of today.

jamrock

Being criticized a lot today even by reporters that have always had his back.

No one is saying he should resign or get ousted btw before someone thinks about that.

It’s just that even his supporters are growing tired of this loudmouth saying one thing while the reality is different.

He said they will get back to the 1:1 rule by the start of the window. Said would address the holes in the team and could sign multiple players with a high fee.

As of today none of the things are true. As of today.

When did he say we could sign multiple players for high fees? Genuinely curious, because I remember the interview he did, where he basically said we are good with what we have and maybe if we need to, we can sign a player, think he said a winger to be specific.

Porque

Yeah he said we could sign a player like Nico. Which is technically true as we signed Olmo.

Alot will happen between now and end of window. Got to shift out alot and then get some last minute deals through.

Half of Europe doing the same.

Not too happy about Faye considering seen alot of him at B, and not keen on Eric. But these are small battles in the bigger picture.

jamrock

Nothing about being able to sign multiple players here, and this is July 8, where he said shortly we will be able to announce good news financially.

Here in March, he said we don't need any big signings.

So where is the we will sign multiple big players.

Seems things improved from march/April to july, where is was more bullish on being able to sign 1 big player, speaking of Nico specifically, who we definitely could have signed.

We signed Olmo and if Nico said yes today, I'm sure most here going by the Nico trend, seem to believe we could sign him too, so what am I missing?.

jamrock

Seems some fans just dislike laporta, cause he has the audacity to have a personality and speak.

But the kids and all that is just them not understanding what is being said, or drawing there own conclusions.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta constantly lies, but some people will blindly idolize him just because of his personality schtick which doesn’t work anymore.

Been three years in a row of lies and the situation seem just as messy.

But obviously next year will be different!

fergus90

I’m still of the opinion he won’t survive a reelection.

Even beyond the statements he makes. He’s slowly alienating himself from club legends which also doesn’t work in someone’s favour from a political stand point.

Reactions: BJJ

FinBarcelonafan

He has definitely given some false hope of signing a big name player. It gets annoying. Although have to give it to him, that he did sign Lewy. (Even if he is past it, at the time he was one of the best strikers).

ajnotkeith

I’m still of the opinion he won’t survive a reelection.

Even beyond the statements he makes. He’s slowly alienating himself from club legends which also doesn’t work in someone’s favour from a political stand point.
I think the criticism is a little harsh against him to be honest. He has made a lot of mistakes but it was a tough situation and there have also been some positive elements. I don't think he's been terrible.

The main thing I hold against him is the sporting direction. Signing a lot of old players, not making smart sales, kicking can down the road rather than doing a full rebuild etc.

If we had taken a couple years out instead of signing the old players we have and spending money on new signings I think we'd be in a far better spot today.

fergus90

I think the criticism is a little harsh against him to be honest. He has made a lot of mistakes but it was a tough situation and there have also been some positive elements. I don't think he's been terrible.

The main thing I hold against him is the sporting direction.
Anyone inheriting the financial situation had an extremely difficult task. I think the big issue with Laporta is it’s quite clear there was no sporting strategy as you said and it still appears that way with the profiles missing in the squad.
All it took was a big banner in Madrid and a reminder of the previous success and it was enough for him to get elected.

It’s not too late for him to turn the situation around, however you’re only as strong as the people around you and in tenure number two he hasn’t found that yet.

FinBarcelonafan

Anyone inheriting the financial situation had an extremely difficult task. I think the big issue with Laporta is it’s quite clear there was no sporting strategy as you said and it still appears that way with the profiles missing in the squad.
All it took was a big banner in Madrid and a reminder of the previous success and it was enough for him to get elected.

It’s not too late for him to turn the situation around, however you’re only as strong as the people around you and in tenure number two he hasn’t found that yet.

I felt like there was no good option, other than Laporta. Everyone else were total losers.

Home of Barca Fans