Jordi Alba

Loki

Nah you go with Alonso as back up and hope Alba fucks off as wont play.
Alonso is worse in that position. And Alba will never fuck off, because he's owed €30m in his last contract year and nobody else is gonna pay him that money, so he'll stay. Alba will sit out his contract, no matter if we want this or not. So the club would be pretty stupid to put him on the stands if they have no better backup and just weaken themselves for no reason.
But thankfully professionals don't act like that, only internet fans do.

JamDav1982

Alonso is worse in that position. And Alba will never fuck off, because he's owed €30m in his last contract year and nobody else is gonna pay him that money, so he'll stay. Alba will sit out his contract, no matter if we want this or not. So the club would be pretty stupid to put him on the stands if they have no better backup and just weaken themselves for no reason.
But thankfully professionals don't act like that, only internet fans do.

Nah the chances are he could make a compromise to leave if knows wont play at all.

Alonso is not a lot worse than Alba and not to extent putting Alba in stands makes any real difference... and say that with Alonso not being great either.

Would bet Alonso would get a place in a better team now at LB if available than Alba would.

Doesnt weaken team even now and Alba be another year older and legs gone even further.

'Professionals'... that would be Barca who tried all dirty tricks could to get FDJ/Dembele out and sacked a player in recent years only to lose the case.

Try again.

ajnotkeith

He is a great weapon against those low blocks where you need the fullbacks to overlap and time their runs correctly. He is gold for goals and assists in those situations.

In transitional games where the opposing team is able to play through us he suffers but we have to keep him for LaLiga.

Messi983

Not surprising.

I think he's waiting on Messi's decision. If he returns then Jordi stays as well, if not then I could potentially see Alba leaving in late July or August.

Hope the club doesn't count on him leaving/taking pay cut too much in their "viability plan" as I just don't see it happen. Even if he'll eventually go he won't leave much money on the table.

Messi983

That is why the footballer, aware that his last year record is important, will agree to leave. Of course, only if a series of requirements are met because he is not willing to accept any offer that comes his way. That is why he has also made it known that he will not go to any exotic country and that rules out the interest that may come from Saudi Arabia or the MLS. The reasons are familiar.

Swap with Inter for Brozo? Don't think they can afford his wages and doubt he'd take a pay cut to go there though.

vuji_31

Best thing that can happen is Jordi Alba leaves and Messi is not coming back.

Without Alba, Busi and Messi we have like 140mil more for saleries.

If Messi is coming I don't mind it, but I don't want amigos again that need to play because they are friends.

Raketa10

I hope he realizes it's time to go and does it like a gentleman. He should go together with Busi at the end of the season with a proper farewell. If he keeps on insisting to fulfill his contract he will become one of the most hated players in the squad. I sincerely hope he doesn't do that for the sake of his legacy. Furthermore, he can get more money in Saudi Arabia than he will get in Barcelona.

khaled_a_d

From sporting perspective, Alba is a very good back up LB who still provide something different than Balde in attack.
He will get his minutes if he stays, unless his athletic ability fell of a cliff.

From financial perspective, staying is the best option for him.

Only reason to leave for him, is to not burn bridges with the club, which is important if he has a post retirement plan related to football.
With him, I am not sure there is that tbh

Home of Barca Fans