Ki Sung-Yueng

veryfatchocobo

Apparently, according to ESPNFC, despite Sunderland's position on the table, Ki Sung-Yueng has the best midfield stats in the EPL (IIRC in both amount of passes AND overall pass completion). This says a lot since Sunderland as a team only have 75% pass completion when he gets more than 92% per game on average. My opinions on him are that he should be in a top 6 team in any of the top leagues. He's as close as you can get to Xavi in terms of tidyness on the ball, much moreso than Cesc, but he's not an Iniesta-type player (the closest outside of Barcelona would probably be Kagawa since he will definitely succeed in the 3-man CM role as well as Thiago who is much better LOL). He's obviously the main man of Sunderland, and IMO he was one of the main reasons that shut out Man U in all their games this year lolololol.

He'll be a reason that Sunderland will get out of relegation, too. He's very obviously most comfy as a creative midfielder in a 3-CM system, but he can hold his own in a double pivot. If we had to find an exact Xavi replacement, I'd think we should look towards him, though I don't think we don't need him. I just think we wouldn't have to change the system like we would in a Cesc-Iniesta midfield... He's definitely not as agile as Xavi, but IMO, he has the brain to succeed in a team that keeps the ball. I know I circlejerk to the Asian players to an extent, but I really think there should be much more attention on him as a player. Am I overrating him though....

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/2581?cc=5901

X

Xavimascapenes

Might as well get Leon fucking Britton from Swansea then.

veryfatchocobo

... lol Britton isn't 1/10 of what Ki Sung Yueng is.... and like I said he's been a top 3 epl midfielder for his two years there.... I guess he isn't barca quality, but you're grossly underrating him....

Home of Barca Fans