Kylian Mbappé

serghei

I guess we won't see Mbappe again.....

Maybe they hypnotize him into signing the extension. Nasser saying look into my eyes... your eyelids feel heavy... really heavy.... I know our project hasn't worked as expected for you... but you're feeling sleepier and seepier...

Rory

They should sell him and buy Haaland + Camavinga. Seems like a no-brainer. He's going in a year anyway. Current team doesn't even suit all the attackers they have. Who's going to be the striker? None of Messi/Neymar/Mbappe suit that lone central role.

hoping they're stupid enough to not take the money and invest it elsewhere. Not that we can sign Haaland but maybe we could when some deadweight is off the books?

mc_lovin

They should sell him and buy Haaland + Camavinga. Seems like a no-brainer. He's going in a year anyway. Current team doesn't even suit all the attackers they have. Who's going to be the striker? None of Messi/Neymar/Mbappe suit that lone central role.

hoping they're stupid enough to not take the money and invest it elsewhere. Not that we can sign Haaland but maybe we could when some deadweight is off the books?

That's hardly how it works.

I can understand PSG, without Mbappe their team suddenly looks only half as good (and old). They probably bank on this season to win the CL. After that it's going to be a rebuild again (with aging Messi and Neymar).

Morten

I can understand PSG, without Mbappe their team suddenly looks only half as good (and old). They probably bank on this season to win the CL. After that it's going to be a rebuild again (with aging Messi and Neymar).

Neymar isn't even 30 yet, he should have several more years at the top left.

serghei

No doubt. Mbappe is their no1 player. Without him they start to look like washed-up Amigo Barca.

khaled_a_d

Neymar isn't even 30 yet, he should have several more years at the top left.

They lack speed in attack without him, which is essential in building elite team.
Neymar and Messi are awesome players on their own, but if your ambition is CL then you need to compliment them with right players

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. PSG losing Mbappe would hurt them a lot especially in CL. Mbappes speed is still a big asset.

Rory

Depends, it could work like that. I'm not saying sell and then start negotiations. I'm saying sell and have these other deals secured. Camavinga has 1 year on deal left, reportedly available for ~30m. Dortmund can't help but accept a 100m+ offer. If Mbappe sells for 160m then mathematically it could happen?

Who plays as the striker in this current PSG team? A Messi, Neymar + Haaland front three looks far more balanced on paper to me than with Mbappe.

Last edited:

Rory

Haaland is probably the fastest striker in the world, fractionally slower than Mbappe. Losing Mbappe doesn't happen on its own. There's players that can be bought to replace him.

mc_lovin

Buying Haaland is an incredibly complicated operation and even with enough money it's the question where he wants to play (unlikely it's Ligue 1). PSG is not in the long game either, they want success now. 160ME this window won't help short term.

Morten

Buying Haaland is an incredibly complicated operation and even with enough money it's the question where he wants to play (unlikely it's Ligue 1). PSG is not in the long game either, they want success now. 160ME this window won't help short term.

No, no, no, its a project, remember?

Rory

Providing PSG aren't in it for the long run then yes it makes sense to keep Mbappe for one year then. I don't know if this is true though. Are they just going to sell the club once the Qatar world cup is over? Or stop investing massive amounts of money?

Andresito

Staff member
A player like Kane would never go to PSG, right?

I'm thinking Levy would accept less money if he went abroad.

Home of Barca Fans