Kylian Mbappé

MTL_Barca

I'd be very happy if he comes here, but i just dont understand Mbappe as a person.

What i mean by that is, what do we offer that PSG cant?

He will get a better contract there, their squad is probably better, we have money to invest, but PSG is on another level financially.

Is the draw of being "main man" and the fact that we are bigger club that important to him? Those things sure doesn't matter for most players.

Not to mention, he gets to play with Messi, who will play him through balls all day long, he wont have that level of service anywhere else.

Well the thing is if he renews at PSG he knows they won't let him leave, so most likely at least another 3-4 years in France. I can totally see how a player wants to leave the country and take on a new challenge on a historic team instead of spending a big part of his career in League 1. He's still very young of course but it's still a lot of time.

For money, squad etc it's kind of a weird decision i guess, at least short term for the the next 2-3 years, but it's not like he can't win anything with Real. And sometimes it's simply about name/legacy, just like Vettel went to Ferrari only to not win shit with them :lol: Or you could even say how Frenkie chose Barca over PSG...

Money or not, PSG is still just PSG and League 1 is just League 1. No matter what, that won't be the ultimate career goal for every player out there especially for the generation that grew up with the Messi/Ronaldo era clasico hype or the ones from countries dominated by the PL.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Its simple. Dont renew, play and learn from Messi for a year then go to Madrid for free next season so then they actually have money to support you.

To be very fair here, this is a massive gamble for both parties and it could spectacularly blow up. That said, Mbappe is a fool. To walk away from PSG after all they did for him for Madrid rn is ridiculously disrespectful. Call it a dream all you want, it is nothing short of delusional to actually want to go to Madrid right now after the window PSG just had.

All this just so he can play second fiddle to Ansu :lol:

Joan

Well, if we spend Mbappe for 200 mill right now, we aren't going for Haaland anyway, i dont think.

You were quite sure Mbappe wasn't coming either. And that he'd renew. Yet here we are.

Reading you RM fans and PSG fans posts about not having money and not being able to afford would be funny if it wasn't so detached from your clubs' actions.

Mateka

Mbappe appears to want to leave PSG ASAP now that Messi has arrived. With transfer fees of150/170m being offered by RM, what signing on fee could he demand in one year?

malvolio

Its simple. Dont renew, play and learn from Messi for a year then go to Madrid for free next season so then they actually have money to support you.

To be very fair here, this is a massive gamble for both parties and it could spectacularly blow up. That said, Mbappe is a fool. To walk away from PSG after all they did for him for Madrid rn is ridiculously disrespectful. Call it a dream all you want, it is nothing short of delusional to actually want to go to Madrid right now after the window PSG just had.

All this just so he can play second fiddle to Ansu :lol:

khelaifi said that mbappe promised not to fuck them over and leave on a free. the whole situation would have been unbearable for him and club, to play there the full season and knowing he would eventually leave anyway. the fans were already on his back so why keep the circus going? perez has money, don't know why barca fans cry about that.

malvolio

So this could actually happen? Didn't expect PSG will sell.

the whole 'keep him in the stands for a year' theory is stupid when applied to players of this caliber. you cannot lose 180M of investment just like that, because you want to act high and mighty.

don't know what was milan thinking when they didn't put donnarumma on the market. fat rat screwed them over.

i_bleed_blaugrana

khelaifi said that mbappe promised not to fuck them over and leave on a free. the whole situation would have been unbearable for him and club, to play there the full season and knowing he would eventually leave anyway. the fans were already on his back so why keep the circus going? perez has money, don't know why barca fans cry about that.

:lol:

You think he cares about any of that? Neymar has literally done the same fucking thing for the last 3 summers with us. It didnt pan out, the fans booed him for a couple games, he scored a golazo and then poof, all was forgiven. Its a fickle yet very easy game to play. Players and clubs make unfulfilled promises all the time.

Not crying about shit, as a Barca fan I couldnt care less because he alone is not going to change anything for them. I just think he is being both incredibly naive and arrogant and is letting his emotions dictate a pivotal moment in his career.

malvolio

You think he cares about any of that? Neymar has literally done the same fucking thing for the last 3 summers with us. It didnt pan out, the fans booed him for a couple games, he scored a golazo and then poof, all was forgiven. Its a fickle yet very easy game to play. Players and clubs make unfulfilled promises all the time.

Not crying about shit, as a Barca fan I couldnt care less because he alone is not going to change anything for them. I just think he is being both incredibly naive and arrogant and is letting his emotions dictate a pivotal moment in his career.

don't know what are you talking about mate. did neymar leave on a free or something? has the neymar to psg saga dragged over 3 seasons? what am i missing here?

fergus90

If anything I think he's taking a step forward in his career. He's been at PSG for 4 years and I would argue his trajectory has slowed down a fair bit. At Madrid the expectation is very high still, the club is levels above PSG in history and prestige and he will face better competition in La Liga.

Not to say PSG aren't a big club because they are, but he is joining Real Madrid not some standard football club.

The experience abroad may help him evolve to a better player, of course the price-tag is high so there is pressure but PSG didn't exactly sign him for peanuts either.

i_bleed_blaugrana

don't know what are you talking about mate. did neymar leave on a free or something? has the neymar to psg saga dragged over 3 seasons? what am i missing here?

I referenced Neymar because you started on about how bad it would have been if Mbappe stays. Neymar tried the same stunt for three summers trying to move here. When it did not pan out, everyone moved on each time.

Especially if he delivered a CL before leaving, doubt any PSG fans would have held it against him for moving on the next season.

i_bleed_blaugrana

If anything I think he's taking a step forward in his career. He's been at PSG for 4 years and I would argue his trajectory has slowed down a fair bit. At Madrid the expectation is very high still, the club is levels above PSG in history and prestige and he will face better competition in La Liga.

Not to say PSG aren't a big club because they are, but he is joining Real Madrid not some standard football club.

The experience abroad may help him evolve to a better player, of course the price-tag is high so there is pressure but PSG didn't exactly sign him for peanuts either.

Sure, great. All of that is true.

Just explain to me how all of that happening could only be possible if he moved this summer and not next summer.

malvolio

I referenced Neymar because you started on about how bad it would have been if Mbappe stays. Neymar tried the same stunt for three summers trying to move here. When it did not pan out, everyone moved on each time.

Especially if he delivered a CL before leaving, doubt any PSG fans would have held it against him for moving on the next season.

three summers? where did you come up with that? didn't he have the release clause all the while he was here?

i only remember that psg came in, paid the release clause and that was it. neymar didn't run down his contract and didn't sulk for three years to join psg.

Home of Barca Fans