Kylian Mbappé

RF20

Banned
Well, injuriescet al, yes, and some things only show later, I agree, but there are a few indications already during Dembele's Dortmund time...I guess they thought they could help him learn in time?

When there's such a young player, the clubs go: "Oh he's a lil kid. We can groom these issues out of him", "oh he's yet to mature", blah blah

That barely happens. Look at Greenwood. He always had issues. United only made him an even bigger idiot by protecting him before. Overpaid spoilt brats

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Again we could have in 2017, and we actually had a clear opportunity. However, Bartomeu and co decided Dembele is better than him, and signed Dembele, but then Denbele had 10% the durability and 2% the hunger of Kylian (not to mention they completely disregarded Dembele's disciplinary record at Dortmund)

can't blame Barto for this though, i think most guys thought dembele will become a better player than Mbappe

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
In hindsight it was pretty weird going for a left-footed, right-sided, play-making winger. Sounds quite familiar to a player we had back then.

Was young and could gradually slide him in, main issue is how much we paid for him, was angry about it then still angry about it now. Barto was genuinely a moron.

jamrock

can't blame Barto for this though, i think most guys thought dembele will become a better player than Mbappe

No most thought mbappe was clearly the better prospect, but most also thought dembele was the next best option.

It's like if you couldn't get messi but you got kun, except in this case kun turn out to be a injury nightmare.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

No most thought mbappe was clearly the better prospect, but most also thought dembele was the next best option.

It's like if you couldn't get messi but you got kun, except in this case kun turn out to be a injury nightmare.

even if youre right and dembele was the second best option nobody could have thought that the difference between both will become so big, the transfer fee was way too much but otherwise dembele was just an unlucky buy

gregorrin10

I do absolutely love Haaland but given the choice I'd pick Mbappe who is just more complete. However, I've always seen it as impossible that he'd join Barca so never given it much thought.

I cannot see Real not prioritising him either. I also think spending big on Haaland looks very risky given his undoubtedly worrying injury record.

I mean considering all the 100M+ transfers that have happened in the past few years, and most of them turned out to be even bigger flops, 75M ain't that much. Of course there's the wage and signing bonus and dealing with Raiola, but still. If Haaland does turn out to be the star or at least the co-star of the next decade, it will be money well spent for whoever gets him right now because of that release clause.

I don't see him staying at one club for more than 5 years though, think he'll be like a mini Ibra, playing for at least 6-8 clubs when all is said and done in his career. The next club being his 5th one, also counting both Norwegian clubs before Salzburg. Yet, if he stays fit and firing, I see his next club actually selling him for 100M+ in 4-5 years, thus still making a profit on him. I see him coming to Spain this summer, rumoured is he wants to come and play in La Liga at this stage in his career. And then he will end up playing in the PL one day too, probably at City because of his father's legacy there. So maybe come to Barca right now, with Mbappe to Madrid he helps revive La Liga and El Clasico as the biggest derby in the world. Ultimately helping us get 2-3 La Liga titles and hopefully the same amount of CL trophies in his time here, then we sell him to City for like 120-150M in 2026 or 2027. I'd be pretty good with that honestly.

Rassvet

PSG are offering Mbappe a two year extension with 50m net per season and 100m signing bonus (Le Parisien)

Rassvet

Messi and Neymar's struggles this season have made it more likely for Mbappe to stay as he can now see himself as the leader of the PSG project (Julien Laurens)

Home of Barca Fans