Kylian Mbappé

Messigician

Yes, Pedri's special but right now I think he's still very replaceable. There's no guarantee he'll reach the level of Iniestas and co just because he's good right now. I can very much see Eriksen doing just as good as a job at the very least, or better. Wingers of Mbappe's level only show up at best 3 times a generation. Easy choice to make.

I don't care much about Gavi. So far all he does is foul players a lot.

What when from Greece did you smoke before making this contrarian post?

serghei

Serious question: Would people swap Pedri or Gavi for Mbappe??

Assuming it's a straight swap

Nah. If we build a superb midfield capable to smother teams and stifle them from playing their game, Mbappe's impact will be reduced to some counters here and there.

jamrock

Negative, Pedri is special, gavi will be world class, if we win the midfield battle in most games, that's most of the job done.

If we can sign a top striker/strikering talent in the next few seasons & fati comes good, we will be just as good or better than Madrid with mbappe, special player though he is.

serghei

Negative, Pedri is special, gavi will be world class, if we win the midfield battle in most games, that's most of the job done.

If we can sign a top striker/strikering talent in the next few seasons & fati comes good, we will be just as good or better than Madrid with mbappe, special player though he is.

Precisely, not worth crippling the core of the team for a star player, not even a beast like Mbappe. At Barcelona midfield is key.

JamDav1982

The club would swap Gavi and Mbappe in a heartbeat.

In part because Pedri is there and midfield with likes of Pedri/FDJ is stronger and can be one of best in world for years while there is nothing like Mbappe on the go.

Jadentheman

Pedri and Mbappe are two different players in two different positions. No way Pedri can play advanced up the field like Mbappe. And Mbappe playing in midfield is just a waste of his current physical form :lol:

JamDav1982

Pedri and Mbappe are two different players in two different positions. No way Pedri can play advanced up the field like Mbappe. And Mbappe playing in midfield is just a waste of his current physical form :lol:

Who has claimed anything like Mbappe in midfield and Pedri up top?

feggydinho

Precisely, not worth crippling the core of the team for a star player, not even a beast like Mbappe. At Barcelona midfield is key.

We were functioning without Pedri this season, so I know that a midfield of Gavi,Busquet, and De Jong would still be strong and Mbappe upfront guarantees you goals, he's a fighter and got the right mentality, hence why I said I'll swap him for either Gavi or Pedri in a heartbeat. They're still quality

Iniesta Ultra

Letting one mid go for the best player in the world is optimization not crippling. The post-Messi ideology here is amazing, as if we would've been better off without ever having had the ultimate GOAT. I was looking at Liga career assists last night and Messi's almost double that of Xavi, unbelievable.

fergus90

Im sceptical but losing Mbappe is a big nail in the Qatari projects coffin so they will try everything they can.

The salary being offered must be ridiculous.

Home of Barca Fans