Kylian Mbappé

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Spoiler alert: It won't

UEFA won't enforce the new FFP rules, and even if they do what stops Man City and PSG from signing more sponsorship deals with companies owned by their owners for inflated values?

It remains to be seen. They said they would examine and assess each sponsorship deal to see if it is based on fair market value, however what I don't know is how do they stop say PSG from receiving a sponsorship deal from each of say 10,000 Qatari companies, each is based on fair market value?

We will see.

KingLeo10

Lets see if Zidane can sub the likes of Messi without him trying to put the coach in his place.

Difficult dressing room but Zidane would carry more respect from them.

Was the first manager to sub out/rest a prime CR7 during their CL runs

An aged/past prime Messi shouldn't have many issues

Horatio

You're welcome
This definitely soften the blow for another miraculous Real Madrid CL win. I think I am ready now mentally to watch the final.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It remains to be seen. They said they would examine and assess each sponsorship deal to see if it is based on fair market value, however what I don't know is how do they stop say PSG from receiving a sponsorship deal from each of say 10,000 Qatari companies, each is based on fair market value?

We will see.

Nasser is the President of ECA now.

Do you really believe UEFA will do all that? It's all talk.

Yannik

We will see.

They won't, City has such deals.
They only ever drop these sponsorships when SPIEGEL or other investive sources write an article about how it's a fake company with prove etc. And then just 2 months later they announced a partnership with another fake company. UEFA doesn't care.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This. Ligue 1 (or rather Ligue PSG) also have a FFP rules but chose to relax them after Covid. Tebas on the other hand tightened them. Ligue1 understand the benefit to succumb to it's biggest club for the benefit of the overall product.

There is definitely a need for financial prudence but you can not assign the same model to Real Madrid and Barcelona than to Valencia or further down Eibar. The two Spanish giants have historically shown they lead European football revenues without statebacked funding and financial doping

Clearly you have to work with them and in away behind them as their strength is your spearhead for LaLiga in the international market.

They die, you die. They retract, you retract.

They grow, you grow
[Ernesto 4:12]

It is true that La Liga depends on Madrid and Barca but I don't think you can ever design a set of rules that have different criteria for different participants. It will never work.

JamDav1982

UEFA wont do anything it will take the other clubs threatening to leave but Bayern and EPL teams shat the bed and the ESL made about worst job could ever make of marketing the reasons for it.

feggydinho

Lets see if Zidane can sub the likes of Messi without him trying to put the coach in his place.

Difficult dressing room but Zidane would carry more respect from them.

Messi is past his prime and even PSG fans booed him once after Madrid removed them from CL so it won't really be that hard, especially if the team still performs okay without him and if Messi still continues his habit of occasionally strolling next season

JamDav1982

It isnt Tebas fault Mbappe signed on again for PSG and Messi signing again for couple seasons is not some long term solution either.

There is a lack of external investment in owners willing to put money into Spanish teams compared to other leagues.

CatalinR10

Messi is past his prime and even PSG fans booed him once after Madrid removed them from CL so it won't really be that hard, especially if the team still performs okay without him and if Messi still continues his habit of occasionally strolling next season

31E5C0AB-9668-4C98-8F38-F65EF2C74BF1.jpeg

Zizou black magic will make them CL winners next season and Messi score 30+ goals.

Home of Barca Fans