Kylian Mbappé

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mbappe has effectively taken leverage from QSG and himself. It also avoids humiliating Qatar by signing Mbappe for "free", which is crucial given interests of both RM and Perez. Secondly, financial package will likely be smaller than in case of free agent Mbappe which would be pain the ass. Thirdly, Benzema leaving and New Bernabeu waiting for new generational talent to complete new sporting and financial era.

It makes all the sense of the world of doing it now.

No, I am not disputing that it makes sense for Madrid to get Mbappe, I am saying it makes no sense for Madrid to pay upward 200m to get him NOW when they can get him for free next summer. Smaller financial package? Sure Madrid will avoid a hefty signing bonus, but I'd imagine it will be a lot less than 200m. Getting on good terms with PSG and Qatar might be important (I don't know, the two are already having a chilled relationship due to ESL), but it certainly is not worth 200m plus.

khaled_a_d

He'll improve them easily lol. He's clearly better than Vinicius. In any case of they'll end up getting better.

Mbappe is better at 9 though, but he just have zero interest to play there.
Both Being LW will create issues, and won't be surprised if it forces RM to sell Vinicius to City or Manu within 2 years of Mpabbe arrival. They are just bad fit together

Catta

Mbappe can play on the right. He started there in 2018 WC and for Monaco he attacked from the right side. He is a great player on either side, he can coexist with Vini.

Temptation

Mbappe can play on the right. He started there in 2018 WC and for Monaco he attacked from the right side. He is a great player on either side, he can coexist with Vini.
Why on Earth would Kylian fuckin Mbappe play in his second preferred position instead of playing in his favourite position with the entire built around him?

Ask yourself this. Would Peak Messi and Ronaldo play in their second favourite position where they can easily play instead of playing where they exactly prefer?

Temptation

Mbappe is better at 9 though, but he just have zero interest to play there.
Both Being LW will create issues, and won't be surprised if it forces RM to sell Vinicius to City or Manu within 2 years of Mpabbe arrival. They are just bad fit together
So you're replacing Vini with Mbappe ultimately.

Hence Real get stronger that way. That's what I was implying.

Catta

Why on Earth would Kylian fuckin Mbappe play in his second preferred position instead of playing in his favourite position with the entire built around him?

Ask yourself this. Would Peak Messi and Ronaldo play in their second favourite position where they can easily play instead of playing where they exactly prefer?
Because Vini on the left and Mbappe on the right is stronger than Mbappe on the left and Vini on the right.

The goal is to get the best out of the team, not out of one player.

khaled_a_d

Because Vini on the left and Mbappe on the right is stronger than Mbappe on the left and Vini on the right.

The goal is to get the best out of the team, not out of one player.

Mpabbe ain't playing on the right, even in 2018 he was playing as second striker behind Giroud, with Griezmann as a playmaker, Griezmann actually shifted more to right and Mbappe to the left.

In Monaco he was a prospect, in last 5 years he barely played there.

He will not join a team to play in his 3rd favourite position, not to accommodate inferior talents. He will be LW/SS in RM, either by removing Vini (sooner or later) or be applying a non symmetrical system where he plays behind a 9 with Vini LW (think of Messi after the treble in 2016 & 2017)

Home of Barca Fans