Kylian Mbappé

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Mbappe is by far the best player in the world imo, his big game performances last 2-3 years have been insane. He is too good to flop at Real but the positions changing with Vini or playing as a striker could cause some trouble.

Morten

Mbappe is by far the best player in the world imo, his big game performances last 2-3 years have been insane. He is too good to flop at Real but the positions changing with Vini or playing as a striker could cause some trouble.

On the international level, yes, his record on the club level is more of a mixed bag, he was absolutely awful in the return leg against Bayern, for one.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I’d take my boy Erling over that cunt every day of the week. He won the treble, Mbappe did nothing at club level.

Givenchy

This guy is such an utter cunt, chase the Saudi money and piss off

(yes I don't want to see him at Madrid, if they can get Vini-Mbappe working we might be screwed unless we can clone Araujo)

fergus90

My thoughts aswell. I've noticed a lot of fans here are so confident he's going to flop at Madrid, and it's becoming annoying. Basically every player that joins Madrid here is seen as a bad signing for them. Wish I had that much optimism.

You guys realise that he is amongst the top 5 players right now and will continue to be so in the future? Unless something bad happens like an injury..
If your rival signs one of the best players in the world you're obviously going to suffer long term, unless you sign players of a similar calibre.
He wouldn't flop but he's made it vocal on numerous occasions he prefers playing with a number 9 and not being the number 9, e.g. Giroud for France, Cavani for PSG.

Even whinged about it on Instagram last season right after the match. He's a top class player but you get the most out of him when he's allowed to be on the left and drift in.

Morten

He wouldn't flop but he's made it vocal on numerous occasions he prefers playing with a number 9 and not being the number 9, e.g. Giroud for France, Cavani for PSG.

Even whinged about it on Instagram last season right after the match. He's a top class player but you get the most out of him when he's allowed to be on the left and drift in.

He can play number 9, but doesn't like to play there, so it makes more sense for us to go for Kane now, Haaland in the future, but Perez can't it go.

We probably will go into this season with Joselu as our starting number 9, while we wait for Mbappe another year, again.

malvolio

On the international level, yes, his record on the club level is more of a mixed bag, he was absolutely awful in the return leg against Bayern, for one.
There is no better player than him right now. Flopping in a particular game is no evidence.

Actually what are the top 5 you reckon?

fergus90

He didn't have a good 2023 by his usual standards but he was rushed back from injury and probably the WC hangover.

I wonder if the original plan for Mbappe was the LW, as Real's interest goes back a few years now. But Vinicius rise to prominence has had to alter the position.

Morten

There is no better player than him right now. Flopping in a particular game is no evidence.

Actually what are the top 5 you reckon?

He did well individually the year before against us, but then, year before that, wasn't he a ghost against City?

Overall, his club record is not bad, but as i said, its a mixed bag, not as clutch as for France.

Top 5? Mbappe is in there somewhere, i don't have an exact ranking, as i dont like comparing players from different positions.

BJJ

He is a tremendous player but I don't know how Madrid are going to fit him in both tactically and mentally. Tactically Vini is at his best out on the left and Mbappe is at his best there too. There will be a clash of egos for sure.
Also Mbappes ego is out of control. PSG have catered to his ego but I doubt Real will. The man has too much drama and Perez is a fool if he thinks it can work. He should sign Jane and then later Haaland as a replacement.

Birdy

I would love Madrid to get him.

They will bleed financially to have him, and he will create more problems with his attitude than what his quality will offer on the pitch. All this whining of not wanting to play as a 9 attests to attitude rather than tactical problems. He is going to open a good can of worms in their dressing room and I would love that

Home of Barca Fans