Kylian Mbappé

Morten

Looks like the offer isn't actually that much though, 200-300 somewhere it seems, bonuses and so on could bring it up closer to 700 allegedly.

Still a crazy offer, but i mean, has to be to play in Saudi.

Andresito

Staff member
In theory, if Mbappe gets that amount for a year he'll have no monetary incentives in football anymore. He could sign 1-2 year contracts with whomever wants him (for relatively low pay ofc) and jump ship if he deems another club better suited to winning CL.

It would be crazy, unheard of and footballingwise unethical. But it could give Mbappe optimized chance to win multiple CLs. Just go from big team to big team every other or every year lol.
City, Madrid, Bayern, Barca, back to PL. Rinse repeat. Fixed salary of 10-20m net as a symbolic sum. Mbappe for rent.

Morten

In theory, if Mbappe gets that amount for a year he'll have no monetary incentives in football anymore. He could sign 1-2 year contracts tho whomever wants him and jump ship if he deems another club better suited to winning CL.

It would be crazy, unheard of and footballingwise unethical. But it could give Mbappe optimized chance to win multiple CLs. Just go from big team to big team every other or every year lol.
City, Madrid, Bayern, Barca, back to PL. Rinse repeat

Not true at all, why do already obscenely rich people search more wealth, move to tax heavens, cheat on taxes and so on?

No, they have no practical use for that money, but once you get rich, you usually always want more, even though there are degrees to greed, of course.

Anyway, the offer from the Saudis appears to be less crazy than what first was reported.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Not true at all, why do already obscenely rich people search more wealth, more to tax heavens, cheat on taxes and so on?

No, they have no practical use for that money, but once you get rich, you usually always want more, even though there are degrees to greed, of course.

Anyway, the offer from the Saudis appears to be less crazy than what first was reported.
It's unlikely yes. But he'll most likely not earn close to Saudi amounts when he returns to Europe in a year. Only 1-2 clubs will afford him. Chances are those clubs aren't most suited to winning CL that particular year. If they are then lucky for him.

Not saying it'll happen. Was just a far-fetched theory if he would like to improve his legacy club wise. I don't have much else to think about lying here on the beach than Mbappe's career currently.

Morten

It's unlikely yes. But he'll most likely not earn close to Saudi amounts when he returns to Europe in a year. Only 1-2 clubs will afford him. Chances are those clubs aren't most suited to winning CL that particular year. If they are then lucky for him.

Not saying it'll happen. Was just a far-fetched theory if he would like to improve his legacy club wise. I don't have much else to think about lying here on the beach than Mbappe's career currently.

Doubt he takes this deal though, but lets see.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kylian Mbappé's family is ready to ACCEPT Al-Hilal's offer. The player hasn't decided yet.

It would be absolutely fantastic if he'd end up anywhere but Madrid.

I have seen two versions of the rumor, one says it's a one-year deal and will allow Mbappe to join Madrid next summer and the other says it is a two-year deal. If it is the latter, I don't see Mbappe accepting it.

malvolio

Multiple CLs would have maybe been a sure thing in those Barca and Real sides from 10 years ago. Now nobody is guaranteed anything

Sure, the format being the way it is will always mean that the top sides are near the trophy. RIght now only City look like really dominating and that's because they have Pep and a good project.

FC B

I have seen two versions of the rumor, one says it's a one-year deal and will allow Mbappe to join Madrid next summer and the other says it is a two-year deal. If it is the latter, I don't see Mbappe accepting it.
Well any year off Madrid sounds good to me but I'm not daydreaming, very likely he's going to end up in Madrid sooner or later.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not true at all, why do already obscenely rich people search more wealth, move to tax heavens, cheat on taxes and so on?

He lead out by saying “in theory”. Your response is invalid.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

All these hypocrites standing up for woke issues going to a country with the worst human rights record for money. Beautiful.
Well they are only hypocrites to people who are fooled by them. For those that see through the virtue signalling they are just following their self interested nature.

The whole woke thing is being used by people for personal gain. And people are going to Saudi for the same reason, personal gain.

Humans are inherently selfish, the quicker an individual understands this, the quicker he stops getting disappointed by others selfish actions.

Temptation

Well they are only hypocrites to people who are fooled by them. For those that see through the virtue signalling they are just following their self interested nature.

The whole woke thing is being used by people for personal gain. And people are going to Saudi for the same reason, personal gain.

Humans are inherently selfish, the quicker an individual understands this, the quicker he stops getting disappointed by others selfish actions.

You're right. I'm not disappointed though. I'm mocking them.

As a Liverpool fan, their greed has helped us massively(transfer fee for washed up scrubs).

Home of Barca Fans