Kylian Mbappé

Maradona37

Miles away from an argument yet trying desperately to have one
Simmer down boyo, hasn't even played a minute and already H O P I N G
I wasn't trying to have one - I like Andresito and rate Mbappe highly. I just find it odd that players seem to be more focused on their gym work than their ball work quite often.

That's the honest truth. I'd have said it if it was about anybody. I feel the same about Haaland yet I dislike Man City a lot less than I dislike RM.

JamDav1982

I wasn't trying to have one - I like Andresito and rate Mbappe highly. I just find it odd that players seem to be more focused on their gym work than their ball work quite often.

That's the honest truth. I'd have said it if it was about anybody. I feel the same about Haaland yet I dislike Man City a lot less than I dislike RM.

Mbappe putting up gym posts doesnt mean he is more focused on that at all.

All it means is that is what you are seeing on Instagram..

Could be as simple as they get more interactions for those and can label them 'hard work' that can in some way relate to rather than a picture of them striking a football that see multiple times a week anyway during games.

Pictures of them striking a ball are what see .. ten a penny and every week.. pictures of them showing their 'hard work' in gym etc is more of an insight and I would guess gets more traction.

Maradona37

Mbappe putting up gym posts doesnt mean he is more focused on that at all.

All it means is that is what you are seeing on Instagram..

Could be as simple as they get more interactions for those and can label them 'hard work' that can in some way relate to rather than a picture of them striking a football that see multiple times a week anyway during games.
True. That's a fair point. It could mean that is all we are seeing from him.

But they're likely doing lots of work with the ball. I am referring more to their own attitude - more interested in showing off abs than showing their ball work.

But you replied to me last night about it being for more interactions, and I liked it, so obviously I agree with you there.

Either way he's about a 7.5 or 8 technically, if Messi and Zidane and Zico are 10.

El Gato

Villarato!
They aren't interested in showing off gym work. They mostly don't even care when their social media managers puts this content up to drive engagement. They know what it's for. And they get far more grief on social media than support so they probably want as little of it as is necessary to keep people following

Maradona37

They aren't interested in showing off gym work. They mostly don't even care when their social media managers puts this content up to drive engagement. They know what it's for. And they get far more grief on social media than support so they probably want as little of it as is necessary to keep people following
Fair enough. True, the vast majority of them don't even run their own social media accounts.

In a general sense though, there does seem to be more of a focus in general on athleticism than football technique and ability in football these days though. It does feel like the game is breeding monster athletes but a lot of them are not as talented as past players. Though, as Birdy says, that can also be because the game is more tactical making genius harder to showcase.

it's very difficult to say.

mc_lovin

Mbappe seems to have a great balance between ball work and gym work, he had massively improved his ball skills compared to young Mbappe, 2022-Mbappe was scary
Funny, I thought he rapidly declined as a player. Peak Mbappe was teenage Mbappe.

That being said I fully expect him to take a step forward with Real. PSG drained the life out of him (at least that was my impression).

FinBarcelonafan

Funny, I thought he rapidly declined as a player. Peak Mbappe was teenage Mbappe.

That being said I fully expect him to take a step forward with Real. PSG drained the life out of him (at least that was my impression).
I don't think he has mentality to improve anymore. I think if he had, he would have left PSG long time ago. His star is fading so decided to go to Madrid now.

Gut feeling.

He got used to too good life and won the world cup too young age.

Home of Barca Fans