La Liga | Round 23: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 4-2

Porque

We're playing as a team and everyone is finally on board with the rebuild, from manager to players. Some of the old weaknesses are still there, but some aspects are improving.

We have had these one off games before, and with these unusual setups under Pep (that 343 where we switched formation after 5 minutes) and even Koeman.

I'm interested to see if this is a one off which totally purplexed Simeone, or if it is something we can build and improve on.

Alves coming into DMC and he and FdJ playing as DML and DMR with Busquets DMC and 2 CBS was a masterstroke. It was effectively giving us two blocks of 5 in both sides of the field, the defensive 2-3 and the offensive 2-3.

I don't know how often we can replicate that along with the intensity we showed, and also how it would work when the surprise factor wears off.

Also I'm looking at the goalscorers and you got, Alves, Alba, Araujo and then Gavi. That's 3 of the back 4 on the score sheet so not a normal game. Quite a freak scorers list infact and one of those where everything aligned. Hell even the Alves sending off stopped an Atleti chance which could have made it 4-3 :lol:

Last edited:

FC B

Also Betis losing vs. Villareal made possbile a gap of only two points to the third spot of the table, great day for Barca and honestly wasn't expecting it.

ajnotkeith

We have had these one off games before, and with these unusual setups under Pep (that 343 where we switched formation after 5 minutes) and even Koeman.

I'm interested to see if this is a one off which totally purplexed Simeone, or if it is something we can build and improve on.

Alves coming into DMC and he and FdJ playing as DML and DMR with Busquets DMC and 2 CBS was a masterstroke. It was effectively giving us two blocks of 5 in both sides of the field, the defensive 2-3 and the offensive 2-3.

I don't know how often we can replicate that along with the intensity we showed, and also how it would work when the surprise factor wears off.

Also I'm looking at the goalscorers and you got, Alves, Alba, Araujo and then Gavi. That's 3 of the back 4 on the score sheet so not a normal game. Quite a freak scorers list infact and one of those where everything aligned. Hell even the Alves sending off stopped an Atleti chance which could have made it 4-3 :lol:
I think it was the clinical finishing.

We are used to those shots like Gavi's being skied or Alves shot. But we were clinical today and converted everything. That won't always happen, but positive of course today.

Vladinho

Great match, was long overdue. Feard a bit that after the red the defence would collapse, but the guys kept a cool head. Feels nice friends, feels very nice.

Devils

Damn, we completely dominated them for like 60 minutes.

Shame about red card. We would have put 1-2 more past them if we didn't lose Alves.

Stunning game.

LRreal2

lot of hype of this game but i would be careful. some good points. thought busi played a lot quicker. defense seemed more solid/confident.

cro-man

I am surprised that we won this especially after the red card. Here and there some questionable defending and sloppy passing but everything else was on spot. Lets hope this this match was not one exception and we can turn around our current situation.

Gari

The confrontation began a long time ago. Xavi is winning so far.
FLBJR2gVgAEv4lG

Home of Barca Fans