Lamine Yamal: "I want to become legend here"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lamine Yamal interview

"I've gotten used to fame little by little. I buy everything online now. From time to time I try to go shopping, but it's hard."

"I don't think I have a chance to win the Ballon D'or"

"There was a lot of Euphoria during the Euros, but sadness during the night because everyone was playing tennis and I had to go study."

(on racism issue) "It's not worth saying anything. I have nothing to respond to. We know our values and it's not worth it."

"My grandmother tells me to not wear black, to smile a lot, and to take care of my father."

"I never want to leave Barcelona. I want to become a legend here"

"I like being compared to the best player in football history, but I want to be myself. Reaching Messi's level is impossible."

(You're valued at €120m. Would you like someone to pay that for you?)
Lamine Yamal: "No. That would mean I would have to leave Barça, and I don't want to do that. I want to be a legend here."

"From an early age at Barcelona, they help you to orient your life, so that you don't go off track in the future. They put psychologists in charge of you."

"I hope that people in Madrid appreciate me for what I have done at the national team."

"Nico and I like the same things. The same things. We like reggaeton, we like TikTok dances. I want to play with him every week, so it's a shame he's at Bilbao."

"I thought that Unai Simón and Morata were totally serious people, so I couldn't believe what I was seeing during the celebrations after winning the Euros. It ended at 9 AM. The only thing on my mind was to sleep."

(How do you stay humble?)
"I go to my mother's house. She tells me to put on my slippers, to close the doors, to make my bed... She sets me straight."

Loki

All well and good, but he talks still from his kid personality. That will change pretty fast in a couple of years when the excitement decreases and the business becomes important. Let's hope Barca will set limits if his side will start putting up insane demands in 4-5 years.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Let’s be clear, it’s unprecedented his eruption at his young age- there is no comparison

Many things to manage and can only re-emphasize this will determine his legacy. Because talent wise, sky is the limit but that can easily be derailed by mismanagement of his career

MontenegrinCuler

Lamine Yamal: "Barça being league leaders hurts in Madrid." *laughs*

Love this kid so much, owning Madrid at such a young age🤣🤣🤣🤣

MontenegrinCuler

All well and good, but he talks still from his kid personality. That will change pretty fast in a couple of years when the excitement decreases and the business becomes important. Let's hope Barca will set limits if his side will start putting up insane demands in 4-5 years.
You can clearly see his family won't let him fly off the Earth with his ego, which is a huge thing. He was raised very well, it's not something you can say for a lot of footballers.

I think he will stay a humble guy. But humble doesn't mean he won't demand a higher salary. It will obviously happen, and deservedly so if he keeps playing at this level.

iniestaGOAT

Let’s be clear, it’s unprecedented his eruption at his young age- there is no comparison

Many things to manage and can only re-emphasize this will determine his legacy. Because talent wise, sky is the limit but that can easily be derailed by mismanagement of his career

Only thing that can derail his career is himself.
It was very obvious from a young age Messi wanted to be the GOAT.

If yamal has the same mentality he will reach that level

Home of Barca Fans