Liga Round 19: Las Palmas - Barca 1-2

ajnotkeith

If we had Dembele this game we probably win 3 or 4 nil.

Say what you want but he was a very good fit under Xavi. His departure is one of the biggest mistakes made under Laporta's new presidency.

Signed 3 forwards who don't get in behind and don't have those characteristics to bypass high pressure and this is what happens.

Sorin

Better forwards? All of our players did well in their respective teams before joining us. Again, we have one of the best squads in La Liga. Players are not the problem. Xavi and his tactics (or lack thereof) are the problem.
Should see what these Las Palmas guys, Munir and Sandro, are up to.

serghei

Football fans watch their clubs and maybe a few other top teams. How the hell would a fan who watches just these games know about managers, who is available, etc.

There's a reason there's people paid to do that. Scouting. I'm not the one being paid to do it. If you ask fans, all we can name are 3 or 4 'top' managers. Do you know what the manager is achieving in some random Dutch, Brazilian or argentine team? I sure as hell don't and I can guarantee you don't either.

So no, it does not matter if a fan cannot name coaches, that's not how that position works, unlike players which is easier for fans to name.

After the management finds someone, we can then go look at what his team has achieved, what his resume is, what kind of football they play and then have an opinion on whether we tbknk he's good or not. Your ludicrously black and white approach of 'it's klopp pep ancelloti or death' makes no sense whatsoever.

:lol:

What is your measure for success in titles for the current team?

What should the club do in terms of results for a manger to keep its job at the club?

I want some real responses not some wishy-washy bullshit to treat you seriously.

Neeraj

Say what you want but he was a very good fit under Xavi. His departure is one of the biggest mistakes made under Laporta's new presidency.

Signed 3 forwards who don't get in behind and don't have those characteristics to bypass high pressure and this is what happens.
If your only tactic is having one of the fastest players in world football beat his man 1v1 and run past the defence with ease... Well that's not much of a coach then is it? Pretty sure my fifa tactics are at that level at worst.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Not sure what we could have done other than give in to his agent's crazy demands I guess? He used his negotiated buyout clause to leave, something his agent presumably had planned for long in advance.

KingLeo10

Only on Barcaforum is Dembele rated like he was some sort of prime Messi.

JamDav1982

It is not even about success at this point. It is about the failure of what currently seeing on park.

There is 'success' then there is the base levels team should not drop below and Barca are well below that this season so far.

Morten

What's sad is the only reason Barca won the league last year is basically the same reason Real Madrid will run away with it this year. Defense.

Real Madrid has given up just 11 goals this year. That's similar to Barca last year. You only need 1 goal a game to win at RM. Barca needs 2,3,4 goals to win.

The funny thing is, neither sides are/were that good at defending, teams just miss chances for some reason.

ajnotkeith

If your only tactic is having one of the fastest players in world football beat his man 1v1 and run past the defence with ease... Well that's not much of a coach then is it? Pretty sure my fifa tactics are at that level at worst.
The point was we needed that threat even if not Dembele we needed a winger with pace and 1v1 qualities to ensure teams can't press high and leave their line so high.
Since he left, and we didn't replace him, teams are playing lines up to the halfway point with no fear, it's ridiculous. We signed 3 forwards who are mostly centralised players with no line breaking quality.

ajnotkeith

Only on Barcaforum is Dembele rated like he was some sort of prime Messi.

It wasnt even about how good he is but the profile he brought. Players like Doku could have done similarly.

We needed a fast physical winger to ease pressure from high lines and we didn't get it. We have no winger who can break a high line and take the outside.

serghei

It's a bad season. Take a top 4 finish and sack Xavi or give him the chance to turn this around next season. A or B. I'm fine either way.

FC B

I'm at that point in which my mind started to somehow wish for a loss in (futile) hopes Xavi will be getting closer and closer to finally being sacked.

ajnotkeith

Not sure what we could have done other than give in to his agent's crazy demands I guess? He used his negotiated buyout clause to leave, something his agent presumably had planned for long in advance.
Its not surprising he ended up leaving, he was treated awfully, no club throws a player into the stands for wanting to leave on a free.

In that case we should have sought a replacement urgently anyway, its about the profile, none of our forwards can break a high line.

Home of Barca Fans