Lionel Messi - v7

Richard.H

messi is right, the board caused the barcelona crisis with reckless signings. all the narrative of the "amigos" put up on this forum does not make sense, because if there was something true it would equally imply the guilt of the coach and the stuff that should have been imposed

Yep, Messi is always right. I'm sure he wanted EV gone too after Anfield. Oh wait...

Wambo

I am not sure how all of it will work this season. Are the fans gonna ignore this happened at all? Will this be just another wasted year with Messi forcing himself to pretend to care? Will he get a farewell at the end?

Gari

He actually blamed the board for letting him play how he wants and with whoever he wants. Hopefully it's over, nothing good came of it. Find a place on the field or on the bench.

MagIX

Ok interview.
the board knew that he wanted to leave since the start of the past season..... ah !
I would prefer he could leave....but ok, happy to see him another season with us.

JPM85

Yes

"I told to the club, to the president in particular, that I wanted to leave. They know this since the start of the past season. I told them during all last 12 months. But I will stay here because I don't want to start a legal war".
M.

Messi: "Now they cling to the fact that I did not say it before June 10, when it turns out that on June 10 we were competing for La Liga in the middle of this awful coronavirus and this disease altered all the season."

If you told Bartomeu already since the start of the season, the coronavirus and a strange season is the worst excuse ever. So either you are lying or just plain stupid not to put it in writing.

I want Bartomeu gone rather yesterday, but also don?t want Messi here anymore. Time to rebuilt this club!

xxxxxx

No, it's over. They will just wait until next season to get him on a free.

They may not take the chance of waiting till January. A lot of teams will be in for him. Besides, he may change his mind in 4 months.

If City really wants him, they'll put a bid in.

No other owner/president would stand for what Messi just said. He's just called you out for your shit deals and leadership. If Bartomeu doesn't respond back, he's confirming Messi is bigger than the club. If a star from other club called out their owner/president like Messi just did, they would be out the door the next day.

khaled_a_d

Messi said things that people wanted him to say for 3 years, and same people are mad at him.
I don't fault him at anything he said tbh, the whole talking of "he should be self critical" is a pure madness that should not be even taken seriously, like yeah we all love to go in public on an going issue to self criticize ourselves :lol:

Home of Barca Fans