Lionel Messi - v7

ManusXavi

Liverpool and roma beat us on intensity and stammina. They overrunned us. Add to that some mistakes and you get what you get. Vidal, busquets rakitic mf on anfield? Lmao.
In all those defeats, i repeat, we lacked pace upfront. We need someone that should put opposition defensive line on high alert with runs behind. We are lacking that massively.
Wider the field, more running they need to make. More energy is wasted for them. A lot of little things could be achieved that would go in our way by only that, but its not that im saying that would solve all our problems.

I love this

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hopefully Koeman wont built a team around Messi. Correct me if am wrong, but most winning teams aren't built around one person no matter how awesome he is. In Tiki Taka era we built the system around a philosophy which made Puyol, Alves, Xavi, Busi, Iniesta, Messi stay in the frontlines. 2015 team was built for MSN. Last years our decision to build a UCL winning team around our Messi has not worked and I am sure it will not work in the future.

malvolio

Hopefully Koeman wont built a team around Messi. Correct me if am wrong, but most winning teams aren't built around one person no matter how awesome he is. In Tiki Taka era we built the system around a philosophy which made Puyol, Alves, Xavi, Busi, Iniesta, Messi stay in the frontlines. 2015 team was built for MSN. Last years our decision to build a UCL winning team around our Messi has not worked and I am sure it will not work in the future.

that's because we haven't actually built something around messi. we just got lucky for that la masia generation to emerge. otherwise we filled the team with dross and useless transfers, who didn't complement messi at all(apart from neymar, suarez and rakitic).

we haven't built a system. we just milked messi as much as we could and when shit eventually hit the fan we are acting as if it is his fault that we got here.

messi has his own faults and weaknesses. also age is taking its toll, but otherwise we never addressed the problems we had. spunking hundreds of millions on shite players and mediocre/sub-par managers without any vision, that's what we did after guardiola left.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

that's because we haven't actually built something around messi. we just got lucky for that la masia generation to emerge. otherwise we filled the team with dross and useless transfers, who didn't complement messi at all(apart from neymar, suarez and rakitic).

we haven't built a system. we just milked messi as much as we could and when shit eventually hit the fan we are acting as if it is his fault that we got here.

messi has his own faults and weaknesses. also age is taking its toll, but otherwise we never addressed the problems we had. spunking hundreds of millions on shite players and mediocre/sub-par managers without any vision, that's what we did after guardiola left.

Great post!

clemente

I think we have to pay Messi 70m loyalty bonus if he stays this season. Just another proof that Barto is destroying this club on purpose, selling Messi for lets say 100m this window would have gotten us 230m (100m + 60m wages + 70m that we won't have to pay)

eaman

I think we have to pay Messi 70m loyalty bonus if he stays this season. Just another proof that Barto is destroying this club on purpose, selling Messi for lets say 100m this window would have gotten us 230m (100m + 60m wages + 70m that we won't have to pay)

Would be saving that much if he wasnt replaced by another signing. He's either making alot more than that for the club through marketing or maybe even making so much for la liga as well that tebas gave barto alot of money to keep him

Sterlingfan2000

1) Messi has 100M wages with bonuses
2) Noone will pay a transfer fee for Messi

So it's 170M but still madness

ItachiXXX

How did Barca build a team around Messi. It's actually the opposite, Barca bought mediocre midfielders that can't create and forwards that play at his position

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

How did Barca build a team around Messi. It's actually the opposite, Barca both mediocre midfielders that can't create and forwards that play at his position

I mean nearly every attack goes through Messi thats why Barca was so predictable in the last seasons. I hope with better players we will change this 'tactic'.

CatalinR10

Any top team would pay 100 mil for Messi , let's be serious here.

Imagine this guy in a team surounded with people who are actually fast.

Would easily have +60 goals and assists even at his age.

I'm 100% sure Barto wouldn't have sold him even if we received a 200 mil offer for him. Dude doesn't want to have on his hands Messi's departure.

Andrew M

I'm 100% sure Barto wouldn't have sold him even if we received a 200 mil offer for him. Dude doesn't want to have on his hands Messi's departure.

In normal circumstances, yes, but this is the climate of covid-19 where frugality and miserliness is the order of the day.

City were being opportunistic at prospect of a freebie

Givenchy

flip side of that though, if you had a well functioning team, would you really want to risk the balance by adding a 33 year old Messi? huge wages, huge transfer fee and the players around him would have to put in extra work to cover his walking

I'm looking forward to seeing him at City next season and how Pep deals with the tactical nightmare Leo can cause, i don't think he'll put in anywhere near the numbers everyone is predicting

Home of Barca Fans