Lionel Messi - v7

SmilerBam

What I find mindboggling is that he actually puts more of a defensive shift in La Liga games, I'm not even joking. He would at least close down the lanes, at best press relatively consistently. He gave up today as soon as it became 1-2.

It's mentally.Imagine being Messi, the trophies he won,the players he played with.And when he sees the state this team is rn, with what dross he has to play with(which is much more visible in a big CL game),i think he literally gets depressed.But he ll surely leave in the summer.

CityFanInPeace

Some people here need to stop thinking "he's back" after he takes care of fodder in La Liga. This is what he looks like against elite teams. If all he can do is offer goals against Alaves and the like, I'd rather take the L and let him go. Not worth the insane salary. The only one that's worth that amount of money is 2012 Messi.

My hope is that they're just sucking him off because they want the position. The whole reason we have the elections in the first place is because of the threat of Messi's departure. Can't exactly win if you say "yeah no, fuck Messi." I'm hoping Laporta and co. will pretty much tell him to fuck off once they're in office.

How will you release him from his contract? He's making about 40% of City's entire payroll as a salary. Add in the transfer fee and it would be half our current revenue.

Unless Messi is feeling kind and gives up half a billion quid for sentimentality.

xxxxxx

How will you release him from his contract? He's making about 40% of City's entire payroll as a salary. Add in the transfer fee and it would be half our current revenue.

Unless Messi is feeling kind and gives up half a billion quid for sentimentality.

Huh?

He's out of contract in the summer. He can sign for any club he wants to for free.

He knows he won't get 1m a week next season, so you don't have to worry about that kind of salary.

CityFanInPeace

He's still a top player when he's bothered, and I don't see why he would lack interest or motivation for City. He'd be playing in one of the best teams in the world and playing under Pep. We knew he wouldn't have motivation if the team is losing or not playing well..... simply that he didn't want to be here in the first place. It's going to affect his performance on the pitch.

Even with his big salary, he brings in a lot of money from marketing. Besides, he won't be on 1m a week..... it'll be more like 500k to 600k a week. He'll also be free, so you don't have to worry there. He's still a very good player, and I think he'd be great in a team like City. You'd be mad if you didn't want Messi.

The reason we wanted Messi gone in the summer is that we could have saved 134m from his salary and another 33m from his loyalty bonus. We could have potentially got a fee for him last summer. That would have helped towards our massive debt, and we could potentially have brought in younger players with huge potential.

I'm ignorant on matters of Messi's contract. I thought he was on around 2m per week. We just survived a FFP CL ban on appeal to the European authorities. How would we make this work financially without getting banned again?

Huh?

He's out of contract in the summer. He can sign for any club he wants to for free.

He knows he won't get 1m a week next season, so you don't have to worry about that kind of salary.

Oh ok. I didn't know his contract was up in the summer. Sorry

Last edited:
Some people here need to stop thinking "he's back" after he takes care of fodder in La Liga. This is what he looks like against elite teams. If all he can do is offer goals against Alaves and the like, I'd rather take the L and let him go. Not worth the insane salary. The only one that's worth that amount of money is 2012 Messi.

Lol not even 14/15 messi 😂😂 that?s why trolls post so funny

My hope is that they're just sucking him off because they want the position. The whole reason we have the elections in the first place is because of the threat of Messi's departure. Can't exactly win if you say "yeah no, fuck Messi." I'm hoping Laporta and co. will pretty much tell him to fuck off once they're in office.

Anyway if dembele scored that chance no one would say shit about the 🐐

Sterlingfan2000

I'm ignorant on matters of Messi's contract. I thought he was on around 2m per week. We just survived a FFP CL ban on appeal to the European authorities. How would we make this work financially without getting banned again?

He's actually on 2,5M per Week right now but no Club will offer him 1M a week after this contract!

He might get some signing on Fee but his Salary will be atleast 70% down

xxxxxx

He will stay tho imo

How?

As you just said, his signing-on fee will be massive. He'll still be on about 600k a week..... which won't include bonuses. He also gets another 33m from his loyalty bonus in the summer. We simply can't afford to keep Messi, unless we want to sell half our team to ease the debt and keep to Messi.

Messigician

How?

As you just said, his signing-on fee will be massive. He'll still be on about 600k a week..... which won't include bonuses. He also gets another 33m from his loyalty bonus in the summer. We simply can't afford to keep Messi, unless we want to sell half our team to ease the debt and keep to Messi.

Laporta will renew him on delayed wages.

Home of Barca Fans