Lionel Messi - v7

DennyCrane

Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles (Spanish Liga regulations).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Total failure. Management and board are meant to bypass and undermine regulations by any means necessary, not to make excuses and whine about it.

And so an era ends, with 7 rows of boilerplate text and a tweet.

El Gato

Villarato!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

There's something so hilarious about everyone being so sure of renewal and life + money bringing it all down to first principles of responsibility.

I hope DonAK is ok.

BTW
Laughing through tears really, I know this is bad for the league.

ajnotkeith

Bluffporta has really shown himself to be incredibly naive in the past few months. His whole plan to keep Messi hinged on 'let's move the deadwood' with no Plan B at all, that's incredibly unprofessional...

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Come on. There are so many ways to do the power play even though it may not be as serious.

Leaking news about Messi considering leaving and joining other clubs, do the press and said negotiations with Messi has broken because of La Liga etc.

Officially announced Messi is leaving is too much. It effects too many things of our clubs Sponsor, investment, fans etc.

Some BIG disagreement must have happened today that broke the negotiations.

Would that surprise you, at this point? The levels we have fallen in terms of seriousness and management in recent years, this wouldn't shock me.

And I don't believe he is leaving, yet.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So an official announcement, a farewell video, a press conference scheduled for tomorrow and now he's removed from the squad list on the website.

Home of Barca Fans