Lionel Messi - v7

FinBarcelonafan

As long as this means it's over for Umtiti, Pjanic, Pique, Roberto, Busi, Lenglet and Stegen too I am fine with this. New era begins..

Take the trash out and start from zero.

Thanks for the memories.

Messi was the only oldie still performing high level

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I'm past feeling triggered by images of him in another jersey. What hurts, though, is the thought of him retiring there and having his last game there, with a proper ceremony in front of a stadium that isn't empty and isn't Camp Nou. Unimaginable.

Nazario1985

As long as this means it's over for Umtiti, Pjanic, Pique, Roberto, Busi, Lenglet and Stegen too I am fine with this. New era begins..

Take the trash out and start from zero.

Thanks for the memories.

Messi was the only oldie still performing high level

It only means this players will still be in the team until the end of their contract at least !!

JamDav1982

All this proves how much shit likes of Laporta speaks when claims Messi 'brings 300m a season'.

If that was true the CVC deal to keep him would be value and to pay off all the contracts required would be more than worth it.

The Barca system of elected Presidents/board leads to politicians and short term thinking. Would be better off owned by a billionaire or state in todays football.

ronniecro

his farewell ceremony will suck...this is basically the same as suarez exit last season in terms of the way they left. ruin any respect and good relations with players and then hold cringy ceremony while pretending everything is fine and classy

Nazario1985

All this proves how much shit likes of Laporta speaks when claims Messi 'brings 300m a season'.

If that was true the CVC deal to keep him would be value and to pay off all the contracts required would be more than worth it.

The Barca system of elected Presidents/board leads to politicians and short term thinking. Would be better off owned by a billionaire or state in todays football.

The CVC deal is bad regardless of how much Messi or the clubs brings in revenue.

And yes the socios system is something from the past, we will be fools to drag it for one or two more decades !!

PSG/Chelsea/ManCity were the laughing stock a decade ago ... not anymore.

Nazario1985

his farewell ceremony will suck...this is basically the same as suarez exit last season in terms of the way they left. ruin any respect and good relations with players and then hold cringy ceremony while pretending everything is fine and classy

Only this time it's Messi which means this news will live on in the head of any new talent for the coming decade.

Nazario1985

Has the mass migration already started?

Indian-trains-1.jpg

JamDav1982

The CVC deal is bad regardless of how much Messi or the clubs brings in revenue.

And yes the socios system is something from the past, we will be fools to drag it for one or two more decades !!

PSG/Chelsea/ManCity were the laughing stock a decade ago ... not anymore.

The CVC deal is seen as bad as it stops Barca and Real entering ESL.

If it allowed them to keep Messi and grow league for other clubs could easily be a positive in long term.

But again the socio set up cant really allow them to make that decision for long term and they are scared if was seen as bad deal in future would get the blame.

Altomonte

I became a Bar?a fan when I saw Messi (+ Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, ...) play at Camp Nou. Messi was always the reason for me to watch Bar?a. Hardest thing to accept is that Griezmann will be the highest paid player. He is so far below Messi in about everything, except maybe his defensive contribution. Buying Griezmann was such a stupid decision, even worse than buying Coutinho and Demb?l?, moves that were understandable given the Neymar move to PSG.
Bar?a will remain a top club, but the magic will be gone.

behindbrowneyes

11% of La Liga's TV money for 50 years is a really bad deal compared to what they give in return. Signing this would've been continuing Bartomeu's way of leadership. Thinking only about short-term. This had to stop and Laporta and his board were the ones that made that unpopular, but necessary decision.

JamDav1982

I became a Bar?a fan when I saw Messi (+ Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, ...) play at Camp Nou. Messi was always the reason for me to watch Bar?a. Hardest thing to accept is that Griezmann will be the highest paid player. He is so far below Messi in about everything, except maybe his defensive contribution. Buying Griezmann was such a stupid decision, even worse than buying Coutinho and Demb?l?, moves that were understandable given the Neymar move to PSG.
Bar?a will remain a top club, but the magic will be gone.

Still think there is a good chance Griezmann will go and what 'magic' has there been in recent years? Few and far between bar mainly individual moments from Messi for most part.

For me I would enjoy watching a Barca team on the up with players that all run, can play in a simple formation and have that technical ability to play way most expect Barca should. That is not a dig at Messi but the other old players like Busi and Pique and now Aguero who cant do it.

Dont mind Barca moving on from Messi at this point but it is the squad left behind and particularly those 'captains' who are long done and still think they are top class and have too much influence. That is what will make Barca harder to watch than no Messi.

JamDav1982

11% of La Liga's TV money for 50 years is a really bad deal compared to what they give in return. Signing this would've been continuing Bartomeu's way of leadership. Thinking only about short-term. This had to stop and Laporta and his board were the ones that made that unpopular, but necessary decision.

Not if it allows Barca to make more money with '300m a season' from Messi and bettter team mates for him and allows a starting point to improve league for future tv deals etc.

The issue is ESL for Barca/Real and them leaving a deal to future boards they did not sign.

cro-man

Its unbelievable what everything happend in such short time. Looking back when neymar tried to force his way out and we couldnt buy him because barto bought griezmann.

We couldnt trade for neymar because dembele refused a loan deal. Now we are sitting on coutinho and dembele.

We lost messi because we couldnt afford him anymore and now he signs for psg.

Mbappe seems to be willing to extend his contract now that he knows that messi is coming.

Psg have now mbappe neymar and messi and we made this happen. I mean corona took its part but hell we are responsible for this mess or better say our beloved bartomeu:lol: we made their brand powerfull:lol:

Home of Barca Fans