Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

So? He is the the main reason Barca won numerous trophies during the last 15 years. He is also the main reason our revenues wen't sky high before Covid pandemic. Furthermore, he will probably win another Balon d'Or this season making him again the best player in the world at age 34. According to you he should earn less so Coutinho, Dembele, Grezmann, Alba and Roberto can earn more? Give me a break!

So nothing. Go to PSG and collect his money from the sheiks if he wants. Makes sense and is a very good logical decision if money is your first priority.

xxxxxx

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2021/08/07/610e658622601de73c8b4657.html

So after he agreed to 40% salary reduction they asked him to agree on 70%!? What a bunch of idiots. Why the fuck would he accept to earn less than Griezmann? This club is led by a complete and utter idiots. I am actually glad he showed them a middle finger.

I can definitely see that's what happens. Laporta probably changed the contract terms at the last minute and it took Messi by surprise. He probably had other things in the contract that Messi didn't agree with.

At the end of the day, we're not going to know the full truth. Maybe it was Messi's fault? Maybe it was Laporta's fault? Maybe it was Tebas fault? But this all comes down to Bartomeu in the first place. Terrible contracts and terrible signings have cost us.

serghei

Curious if they wrap it up in a gentlemen like manner in the next days, or if it gets bloody. I'd much rather we focus on the good memories of the last 15 years and call it a day.

Leong157

That came from the same source that said Jorge was in Paris last night to wrap things up. It's now been moved to today? Pretty convenient that it's changing after new reports have come that he still hasn't made his mind and he still has other offers on board.

You have to stop believing everything you read. Most of these so-called journalists have been completely wrong in regards to Messi. They were all convinced he was staying in Barcelona.... now he's leaving. He was apparently a PSG player last night.... now there are reports coming out that he still hasn't made his mind up and he's still devastated. I actually believe the rumours that he still hasn't made up his mind. You have to see it from Messi's side. He was probably convinced and excited by the prospect of signing his new contract, but he got told a few hours before he couldn't sign it. He then is heartbroken. You can't go from nearly signing your new contract with Barcelona, then being completely heartbroken a few hours..... to have a deal done with PSG 24 hours later. He wouldn't make his mind up that quickly, especially without speaking to his family about it first. It takes time to do big deals like this.

That said, he still may sign for PSG. But I honestly don't think it's even close to being done. I think he'll take some time to think about the offers he has and take it from there.

IMO, all the news that coming out last night regarding PSG ,they were trying to keep other clubs out.

malvolio

Because he is a club legend of the highest order and took 300m net in 4 years before from Barca, contributing to the crisis basically?

Griezmann is a footnote for Barca overall. Seydou Keita means more than him.

120M net transfer fee + 120M net salary Griezmann is a 'footnote for Barca overall'. while merely having any influence.

0M net transfer fee + 300M net salary Messi is the one that contributed to our crisis. basically carrying us most of this time.

won't even add coutinho and dembele. salaries + transfer fees.

ladies and gentlemen, behold the great mathematician - serghei !

Sorin

Can't wish bad things to Messi, he means and meant so much for this team. However I wish PSG nothing but failure for the future, may they never win the CL and only win a competition where they probably have about 5 times the budget of the next best team. It will be seen as the biggest joke of all jokes.

SmilerBam

Rumours we are getting on our side is his lawyer is already in Nice and that his father will arrive there in few hours to complete the deal with a presentation on tuesday.

How can you support that despicable club? Just asking, i wanna know how it is to support a club named Qatari Saint- Germain? Anyway, i'll make a bet...you guys will not win the CL even with Messi. That being said, it increased your chances to take the crown back from mighty Lille. Good luck, plastic boys.
P.S. Barca will be back.

Jadentheman

By the time this club is financially healthy enough to make a signing of that magnitude, we'll be trying sign Erling Haaland Jr.

Laporta said that on top of the near 500m in losses last fiscal year, that this year would be even more.

This club will be over 2bn in debt within the next 2-3 years.

Ignore Haaland and go after the next rising superstar. Chances are by the time money is available to get Haaland he?ll be exposed as overhyped and overrated anyway so better another club pay that extreme money to gamble on him. Meanwhile the club can seek out and groom potential superstars and save costs. If I were president I be looking at locally for players as well as overseas Brasileir?o and MLS for bargain deals. Good quality players are appearing out of MLS now to take gambles on for cheap.

Raketa10

So nothing. Go to PSG and collect his money from the sheiks if he wants. Makes sense and is a very good logical decision if money is your first priority.

It's not his first priority as he already agreed to a pay cut. Let's say you work in a company and you are responsible for third of that's company's revenue. On the other side of the desk is sitting your colleague who is dumb as fuck and contributes nothing but he earns same or more then you. Would you be ok with that? I for sure wouldn't.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans