Lionel Messi - v7

blaugrana1987

50m for CL is crazy tho.

City will not be favourites to win it even with Messi. Their defence is wack and midfield needs work as well.
I know, but thats the point. We sold Messi and he helped them win CL/PL even though their team is not favorite, that is why high fee would have to be paid (but also why guaranteed fee is small).

Devils

Ada Colau (Barcelona mayor) "It would be bad news if Messi left. He is the best player in the world. He has been built at Bar?a, and its growth has occurred at Bar?a. We hope that everything possible can be done for Messi to stay"

Even the Mayor of Barcelona is shitting on Barto.

Givenchy

Ronaldo left Madrid a champion and made them 100mil in the process

Messi will leave Barca a loser on a free as a final fuck you to the club. sure Barto is a cunt but its the club harmed in all this, thanks alot Leo

blaugrana1987

I imagine Messi can tell board

"Look, I am unhappy. I have 2-3 years of football left and we do not have chance to fight for trophies in next 2-3 years, basically making all of my effort redundant. I want to go to project which is ready to win (albeit not favorite), and you guys can start with building new generation".

Even before this it made no sense to build a squad around 32 year old Messi.

If its not free transfer its next year for free anyway. This is why Ronaldo was sold for 100m.

1) Juve really wanted him
2) He was nowhere near as big of a legend there as Messi is here, not even close
3) He had more years on his contract

Hardy

Messi will leave Barca a loser on a free as a final fuck you to the club. sure Barto is a cunt but its the club harmed in all this, thanks alot Leo

assuming he really goes for free which I still don't believe

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Barca agreed to that clause so they had to know there was a chance it could happen. Nothing Messi will do will make him lose respect in the eyes of most if not all local fans that's for sure.

Anyway I believe they will agree to a fee. Perhaps 50m + Garcia + Angelino.

Raketa10

I imagine Messi can tell board

"Look, I am unhappy. I have 2-3 years of football left and we do not have chance to fight for trophies in next 2-3 years, basically making all of my effort redundant. I want to go to project which is ready to win (albeit not favorite), and you guys can start with building new generation".

Even before this it made no sense to build a squad around 32 year old Messi.

If its not free transfer its next year for free anyway. This is why Ronaldo was sold for 100m.

1) Juve really wanted him
2) He was nowhere near as big of a legend there as Messi is here, not even close
3) He had more years on his contract

33y old

fergus90

The only reason I'm very sceptical about this is that City for the first time in Guardiola's reign isn't a guaranteed winning project especially domestically now with the emergence of Liverpool. He spent ?315 million on the defence and all that has resulted in is an average backline that actually consits of one midfielder.
Kompany,Toure, Silva have all left and some could argue that they've made the same mistake as Barca have and up until this point have not replaced them properly. Aguero also has 1 more year left on his deal. Sane has now left too and they've got Torres as a replacement.

They were very hit and miss last season, losing the league by a points margin that members here would be going crazy about had Barca been that far behind. They lost in the F.A Cup to an average Arsenal side and continue to unimpress in the Champions League. We shall wait and see but i'm not entirely sure that a Messi that will need time to adapt to an entirely new langauge,culture,teammates etc is gonna necessarily be the instant hit some might expect.
At his age, it's almost as big a risk starting a completely fresh project than it is trusting in a Barca rebuild.

Batistuta9

The state of the current team is due to no planning, awful strategy and transfers. The guy tried his best, just wasn't good enough. One player can only do so much. If you think Ronaldo could have done better with this team, good for you.

We don't know yet if he will go for free.

Home of Barca Fans