Lionel Messi - v7

malvolio

Ideally is to find a position of compromise from both Messi and Barcelona. If he wants to leave, let him but let the club negotiate his exit and get some money as CR7 did for Real.

He is making a rash decision like he did when he decided to retire from Argentina. I'm sure he will regret later on.

I'm mad at him but can never hate him. I will always be thankful for the joy I felt watching him playing for blaugrana.

Fuck me, even Constanza is sensible on this one. Never thought I would get to see the day :lol:

KingLeo10

Messi could have handled this better. If the sporting project was of paramount importance, the time to leave was last season after Anfield.

By continuing with washed up veterans like Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, and even Alba and Pique, he should have known that the chances of us being competitive were slim.

Other than that, the board's handling has also been shambolic. But we already knew they were mugs.

Sorin

Ideally is to find a position of compromise from both Messi and Barcelona. If he wants to leave, let him but let the club negotiate his exit and get some money as CR7 did for Real.

He is making a rash decision like he did when he decided to retire from Argentina. I'm sure he will regret later on.

I'm mad at him but can never hate him. I will always be thankful for the joy I felt watching him playing for blaugrana.

These are exactly my sentiments, though I am more indiferent than mad. Bartomeu will probably use the funds to buy another useless, overpriced player like Martinez, I don't trust him to make the right call so whatever.

The only thing he should do with the money from selling Messi is cover some of the debts he himself created and let the new board take it from there. But do you really have confidence in the incompetent moron?

Richard.H

Messi could have handled this better. If the sporting project was of paramount importance, the time to leave was last season after Anfield.

By continuing with washed up veterans like Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, and even Alba and Pique, he should have known that the chances of us being competitive were slim.

Other than that, the board's handling has also been shambolic. But we already knew they were mugs.

Was probably hoping for neymar to come instead of the French counterfeit one.

Raketa10

I agree with that. I sincerely believe he wouldn't have made this decision if Suarez and Valverde were still here. To be fair this is the most irritating part of this saga.

KingLeo10

Was probably hoping for neymar to come instead of the French counterfeit one.

Then that is poor decision making. Neymar is not some magic fix all. We had a better (prime) version of him in 16/17 and he did fuck all except win us a game v bottlers. The declining MSN got shut out by Juve.

Richard.H

Then that is poor decision making. Neymar is not some magic fix all. We had a better (prime) version of him in 16/17 and he did fuck all except win us a game v bottlers. The declining MSN got shut out by Juve.

With Neymar we would've lost only 8-4, guaranteed.

Sorin

Messi for sure is pretty limited as a thinker, however he is not the one who spent 400m on 3 duds. Hell I don't think he endorsed any of the 3 that much. Anyway, just think how much we could've done with that kind of money and without giving mutli year contracts to the likes of Busquets or Alba.

Imo, this decision of his is not because we don't have neymar or that the amigos are being targeted, in fact from the so called amigos only Messi looks to leave, which is quite ironic. :lol: if Bartomeu would've used the funds to buy better and create a solid and wining team, I would bet my left nut that Messi would have no problem with the likes of Busquets, Alba, Pique being told to do one. Instead from the last 5 years of transfers only Umtiti, for one year, and Lenglet have been decent buys. Anything else was a disaster.

No matter how much he wanted the amigos to play, the fact that, from a quality standpoint, not one player the board bought even had the quality to overthrow the amigos is the main reason these over the hill players gained such power. The board fostered this culture by throwing money out the window.

mssarm

At this point it is clear that Messi's decision is impulse driven, obviously he is angry about amigos.Otherwise he could notify the board before June 10 and walk away without problem. Requesting that Barto bring back Neymar is another unreasonable request. That snake paid the release clause and left when everyone was begging him to stay. Why Barto should beg QSG to sell Neymar back? That is not cool even for Messi. So should Barca board let Messi walk away? If it was any other player I would say "yes" but this is Messi and laws of physics do not apply here. We need do what PSG did on Neymar, he wanted to leave but everything got settled and he is happy now. Messi should stay for another year (unless he wants to spend that year in courtrooms) and when the rats are out of office he can decide what he wants to do. If he doesn't feel to be part of the project with new board he can walk away on free transfer.

George_Costanza

These are exactly my sentiments, though I am more indiferent than mad. Bartomeu will probably use the funds to buy another useless, overpriced player like Martinez, I don't trust him to make the right call so whatever.

The only thing he should do with the money from selling Messi is cover some of the debts he himself created and let the new board take it from there. But do you really have confidence in the incompetent moron?

I don't think Barto will be around to spend the money, as soon as Messi leaves, he will be kicked out by socios in a motion of no confidence.

he is gone guys, barca and messi need to part ways to restart again, nobita fued this club up, this club is a circus right now but people saw this from a mile away, i was saying this for the last 3 years

Richard.H

he is gone guys, barca and messi need to part ways to restart again, nobita fued this club up, this club is a circus right now but people saw this from a mile away, i was saying this for the last 3 years

At this point I’ll be happy for the club to be bought out by the Arabs or Chinese just so Barto and his cronies leave

huskerdu

Honest question here. I just got the new Messi black kit away jersey. Ordered it before all this hoopla and it just came in the mail. Would it be weird to wear it in public since he will most likely never wear the jersey this coming season? I know he?s a legend but it would be odd to wear a kit of a player he never wore it, no?

booge

Honest question here. I just got the new Messi black kit away jersey. Ordered it before all this hoopla and it just came in the mail. Would it be weird to wear it in public since he will most likely never wear the jersey this coming season? I know he?s a legend but it would be odd to wear a kit of a player he never wore it, no?

yes it would be very odd to wear it.

Home of Barca Fans