Luis Enrique

Stric

For how he changed the way he setup the team from the 1st half of the season to now which made our team 10x better means he deserves as much credit as any other coach would.

The way MSN works now was Messi's idea, after Lucho's tactics didn't work. But the quality of our entire game is much more than just the front three, so Lucho still deserves a lot of credit.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Nice to see him close to everyone, that lapsus is indeed interesting :)

Do we know if he finally went to a meeting with Barto/Braida to talk about signing or still nothing ?

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
The way MSN works now was Messi's idea, after Lucho's tactics didn't work. But the quality of our entire game is much more than just the front three, so Lucho still deserves a lot of credit.

Just like it was Messi's idea to play as a false 9.

Props to Lucho for not being stubborn.

JamDav1982

Just like it was Messi's idea to play as a false 9.

Props to Lucho for not being stubborn.

False nine wasnt Messi's idea and Lucho didnt just move Messi to the right he changed a whole lot of things tactically in second half of season.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
False nine wasnt Messi's idea and Lucho didnt just move Messi to the right he changed a whole lot of things tactically in second half of season.

I know. I just don't get why Messi gets all the credit for the way our front trio plays when it's a combination of factors.

Bran the Greenseer

[MENTION=15002]Ini8[/MENTION] Lucho doesn't get credit cause people wanted him gone in the first half of the season so they don't want to swallow their pride and admit that the entire time he had a game plan with his rotations and what not. Also it may have something to do with not wanting to rank him as highly as Pep.

xXKonan

CGcqUvRXEAAgDbr.jpg:large

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
False 9 was Peps idea. Apparently he spent hours before the 6-2 Clasico working on the idea and called Leo in the middle of the night. Explained to him that he should stay in the gap between midfield and defence so that the defence either had to push up and leave space behind or allow Leo to run at them. That was the plan for the 09 CL final as well (to be implemented after 10 minutes)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
False 9 was Peps idea. Apparently he spent hours before the 6-2 Clasico working on the idea and called Leo in the middle of the night. Explained to him that he should stay in the gap between midfield and defence so that the defence either had to push up and leave space behind or allow Leo to run at them. That was the plan for the 09 CL final as well (to be implemented after 10 minutes)

[youtube]rRu0S_uzQlU[/youtube]

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
[MENTION=15002]Ini8[/MENTION] Lucho doesn't get credit cause people wanted him gone in the first half of the season so they don't want to swallow their pride and admit that the entire time he had a game plan with his rotations and what not. Also it may have something to do with not wanting to rank him as highly as Pep.

Lucho should get all the credit and respect for what he did in the 2nd part of the season but I do not see a problem to point out his mistakes in the 1st half of the season.
His rotations were not good. We had many bad games where we could not find any rhythm because of his weird line-up choices and we had huge problems in the few big games.
After the Real Sociedad loss Lucho found the solution to our problems.
When Messi was playing central:
1. Suarez was pushed to the wing.
2. Alves was too far up the pitch and too close to the touchline which isolated him in offense and he was also missing in defense.
3. Rakitic was playing too deep because of that and could not get involved in offense at all.
4. Leo himself was even more of a creator than he is now and too far away from goal.

But after putting Messi on RW, Saurez central and giving Dani and Raki different roles we became the beast we are now.

There is no black and white. Lucho made mistakes which made our team look weak at times and caused us to lose points but midway through the season he found a solution which could make us a possible Treble winner on Saturday.
I ciritized him heavily after the loss at Anoeta and did not think he could change much but he obviously was able to turn everything around. I am glad I was wrong because I just want the best for my club and Lucho is able to achieve all that.

Bran the Greenseer

Lucho should get all the credit and respect for what he did in the 2nd part of the season but I do not see a problem to point out his mistakes in the 1st half of the season.
His rotations were not good. We had many bad games where we could not find any rhythm because of his weird line-up choices and we had huge problems in the few big games.
After the Real Sociedad loss Lucho found the solution to our problems.
When Messi was playing central:
1. Suarez was pushed to the wing.
2. Alves was too far up the pitch and too close to the touchline which isolated him in offense and he was also missing in defense.
3. Rakitic was playing too deep because of that and could not get involved in offense at all.
4. Leo himself was even more of a creator than he is now and too far away from goal.

But after putting Messi on RW, Saurez central and giving Dani and Raki different roles we became the beast we are now.

There is no black and white. Lucho made mistakes which made our team look weak at times and caused us to lose points but midway through the season he found a solution which could make us a possible Treble winner on Saturday.
I ciritized him heavily after the loss at Anoeta and did not think he could change much but he obviously was able to turn everything around. I am glad I was wrong because I just want the best for my club and Lucho is able to achieve all that.

He made mistakes of course. But he fixed them and thats what the people who are reluctant to give him credit are frustrated about because they were calling for his head from 2 months in. He proved all the doubters wrong and has produced the single best season of football ever played in spanish if not world football history. He's finally moved us out of Pep's shadow something even Pep hasn't been able to do since 2012. What I said wasn't for the people that admit that they're wrong but for the people who seem to only want to downplay his success. Make no mistake if he wins on saturday he'll be up there with Cryuff and Pep, not surpassing them or on the same level yet but he will forever be one of the great barca coaches imo.

Home of Barca Fans