Luis Enrique

mazp

I don't think Luis Enrique will be let go, regardless of the result of the election. It is just unthinkable to let go a manager who just won us the treble.

The real question is, why would Luis Enrique want to leave? He can't stand possibly working under a new president and board?

The Zubi firing, plus the fact that nobody (press) gave him any credit. Remember his whole "if the team wins its the players, if they lose its the coach" statement.

Morten

I really dont give Luis Enrique much credits for Barcas success, he is average imo, Barca is just winning consistently no matter who their manager is. It is the system that is the main factor for their success, not manager or even players like Messi. That is just my opinion.

Morten

I really dont give Luis Enrique much credits for Barcas success, he is average imo, Barca is just winning consistently no matter who their manager is. It is the system that is the main factor for their success, not manager or even players like Messi, though Messi certainly helps, they would win alot without him as well. Thats just how i feel.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I really dont give Luis Enrique much credits for Barcas success, he is average imo, Barca is just winning consistently no matter who their manager is. It is the system that is the main factor for their success, not manager or even players like Messi. That is just my opinion.

A system he developed, much different from the Pep era. Our weaknesses became our strengths under Lucho. How is that average?

Morten

A system he developed, much different from the Pep era. Our weaknesses became our strengths under Lucho. How is that average?

He didnt develop much imo, anyway, his track record at Rome and Celta is hardly extrordinary. Its just really easy to manage Barcelona compared to most other teams, for the most part.

reDIOS10

He didnt develop much imo, anyway, his track record at Rome and Celta is hardly extrordinary. Its just really easy to manage Barcelona compared to most other teams, for the most part.

So what you are telling me is that neither the coach nor players like Messi is why we just won a treble. :lol: :facepalm::facepalm:

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think it's the Spainish media and just how ridiculous it can get with the rumors. That's trying, seeing those papers as you walk to the market or out trying to forget about it with your family, always in your face.

It made Pep mad and grey while Mou started the second inquisition trying to figure out who was leaking inside info to the press.

Both are gone.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I really dont give Luis Enrique much credits for Barcas success, he is average imo, Barca is just winning consistently no matter who their manager is. It is the system that is the main factor for their success, not manager or even players like Messi, though Messi certainly helps, they would win alot without him as well. Thats just how i feel.

It's not the managers, it's not the players, it's not messi, so who's winning the games on the pitch?
The system wears its blaugrana jersey and plays football?
Imo you feel jealous and won't admit the obvious, we have better managers and players and they win more for us than yours for you.
Pep is a great manager, so is Lucho, I won't judge Tito for obvious reasons but look at how an accomplished manager like Tata failed here.
It's not easy at all to be successful as a barca manager.

mssarm

I don't think the stress is the reason for his possible resignation. He's not new to Barca, he coached Barca B ffc and he knows very well how stressful this job can be. He is a type of guy who creates challenges for himself(Lucho is running marathons at his leisure). I think it's the relationship with the current board, it looks like he can't deal with Barto. He was very upset that they fired Zubi. Barto isolated him(same thing Rosell did to Pep), he can't work with new sporting director. The reason he is not saying anything about his futur, because he probably wants something from current board, probably wants to talk Laporta as well. I have no doubt if Barto starts playing games Lucho will leave in a heartbit.

F

Flavia

Easy to manage Barcelona? Are you joking?

No, we would not have won TWO trebles without Messi.

serghei

It's not easy to manage Barcelona, but it would be stupid to say that having the world's best strikers for example doesn't help a lot. Managing Barca demands a lot of work though, and it is stressful because everyone expects you to win everything. Is Luis Enrique the best manager out there? No. Does he need to be? No. He has to keep the players healthy, fit, and committed for the team. That's his job, more motivational than anything else IMO. He isn't a tactical genius or anything, but he made the team play at a high pitch of energy and desire. That's enough in my book. His toughest job will be next year. It's a lot harder to motivate a team after a treble, than after a trophyless season. If he continues to motivate the players and make them give everything next season as well, I'll start compairing him to Pep.

Bran the Greenseer

Nothing at barca is easy, Valdes in his time here when barca was its best under Pep hardly had to make a save in most games, but as he said playing goalkeeper for barca was too stressful knowing full well at any moment a counter attack can come about and you're left alone with 2 or 3 attackers barreling towards you. Same logic applies to coaching or being a defender or hell being a striker facing a bus where this dynasty is riding on your every action.

Home of Barca Fans