Manchester United

SwiftGuyver

be interesting to see how Man Utd get on this season. after LvG's latest comments about no more transfers until he's assessed the squad of players already there i wouldn't be surprised if they miss out on a top 4 finish again because Herrera & Shaw are good but nowhere near enough, they desperately need more additions to their defence & midfield. also 3 of their best players' best position is the same (Rooney, Mata, Kagawa). it's an unbalanced squad that lacks quality/depth. if they miss out on top 4 again i wonder how adidas will feel about their investment...

Martindn

be interesting to see how Man Utd get on this season. after LvG's latest comments about no more transfers until he's assessed the squad of players already there i wouldn't be surprised if they miss out on a top 4 finish again because Herrera & Shaw are good but nowhere near enough, they desperately need more additions to their defence & midfield. also 3 of their best players' best position is the same (Rooney, Mata, Kagawa). it's an unbalanced squad that lacks quality/depth. if they miss out on top 4 again i wonder how adidas will feel about their investment...

I couldn't give a fuck what Adidas think, they will make plenty of money off of us. Least when Van gaal says it he is likely to mean it, Moyesey was still assessing the squad when he was sacked, we have that much deadwood and players just picking up a paycheck i dont think it will take long.

Banana-Rama

it doesn't really matter what addidas think, the contracts have been signed, they can't back out of it. if herrera picks up an injury we are back to square one with the midfield so i am sure we will bring in another midfielder, especially with carrick out for a while. i don't really know who tho, vidal won't happen and sporting want the full release clause for carvalho (£37 million). i have seen de jong linked to us, i would rather sign no-one then him to be honest...

BenRobbins

they really need to buy imo their current squad is so weak , top 6 looks tough for them to get at this stage

De Gea, Rafa, Smalling, Evans, Shaw, Herrera, new arrival, mata, rooney, rvp, januzaj. With jones, kagawa, nani, welbeck, hernandez, Valencia, Carrick and others, then add in the new arrivals of 3-4 good players then i can't see how that isnt a top 6 squad :lol: We have been pissing the league every season with this group of players and have the second best manager in the league yet it isn't top 6 material? Where are liverpool and arsenal going to finish then? 10th or lower? Some people are so biased they come out with the most ridiculous statements.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam

Mata will play as the #10, Rooney is a 9, simple as.

We will sign a CB and another midfielder, I'm confident of that.

BenRobbins

So where will RVP play?

I think mata will play as a #10 or the advanced playmaker in a midfield 3 with rvp up top as the 9 and rooney playing on the left of the front 3 as an inside forward which he has done before. But nobody really knows how we will line up at all next season.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
So where will RVP play?

ah, i wasn't saying Rooney should be starting as 9, but merely should be considered as it, LVG will not play him there, I'm almost certain of that, he'll recognise how much better technically Mata is, Rooney will compete with RVP for the striker role, which can only be a good thing as he's always played much better when he's had to compete, its ever since ronaldo left and he became the undisputed main man he's dropped his level.

shogunruax said:
lol no

De Gea
Shaw-Evans-Jones-Rafael
Herrera -Carrick
Mata Kagawa
Rooney - RVP

apart from attack that is a poor/average

i agree, if i get my way and i think we're certain to add a CB and a CM.

------------------DE GEA-------------------------
Rafael------Evans---De Vrij/Vermaelen---Shaw
--------------Vidal--Herrera---------------------
Nani--------------Mata-------------------Januzaj
---------------------RVP-------------------------

Replace Vidal with either Carvalho or De Jong (I hope not)

Last edited:

Jenks

Making RVP captain is an odd choice. Isn't he generally considered a bit of a dick and not particularly well liked?

shogunruax

Making RVP captain is an odd choice. Isn't he generally considered a bit of a dick and not particularly well liked?

To Arsenal fans I guess :lol:

ah, i wasn't saying Rooney should be starting as 9, but merely should be considered as it, LVG will not play him there, I'm almost certain of that, he'll recognise how much better technically Mata is, Rooney will compete with RVP for the striker role, which can only be a good thing as he's always played much better when he's had to compete, its ever since ronaldo left and he became the undisputed main man he's dropped his level.

i agree, if i get my way and i think we're certain to add a CB and a CM.

------------------DE GEA-------------------------
Rafael------Evans---De Vrij/Vermaelen---Shaw
--------------Vidal--Herrera---------------------
Nani--------------Mata-------------------Januzaj
---------------------RVP-------------------------

Replace Vidal with either Carvalho or De Jong (I hope not)

Looks better but still not that great nani is rubbish and Junuzaj doesn't look like a winger I think manchester would do better with a midfield 3 of

carrick
fellani/cleverly- Herrera
Mata/Kagawa
Rooney - RVP

Last edited:

BenRobbins

To Arsenal fans I guess :lol:

Looks better but still not that great nani is rubbish and Junuzaj doesn't look like a winger I think manchester would do better with a midfield 3 of

carrick
fellani/cleverly- Herrera
Mata/Kagawa
Rooney - RVP

I don't see why you think its weak? With Rvp we have the best striker in the league providing Aguero can't sort out his injuries, Mata is a world class 10 and Rooney is still an excellent player who can contribute 15-20 goals a season and 10+ assists. Our wingers are a big problem except for januzaj so hopefully nani/valencia can regain some form or we bring a new pacey winger. Herrera is a good player and what we need but we still need reinforcements in that area with carrick as back up. We have replaced evra which we have needed to do for the past 3/4 years so we have improved that area and we need to bring in a centre half to replace rio to partner evans as that is our first choice pairing so our defence isn't as bad as you make out. De gea is the best goal keeper in the league. Our bench is very strong with jones, kagawa,chico, welbeck and etc and i dont think many team have better impact subs. So a good centre back to partner evans, one maybe two Cm's and a versatile winger and i would say we have a squad on par with City and Chelsea.

Home of Barca Fans