Marc Bartra

Jombi

It would be really bad to see our future leave for such a paltry sum of money. We need him more than ever with 3 aging CBs and only Pique who is still in his 20s. These contracts are absolutely dreadful.

What's next? Pedro and Montoya can leave on a free?

MessiNeymar

Bartra is more Barca than Thiago is anyway, and he knows he is good enough to be in this team and not an utter failure team that losses 0-3 away like Thiago.

Jombi

Bartra is more Barca than Thiago is anyway, and he knows he is good enough to be in this team and not an utter failure team that losses 0-3 away like Thiago.

Then why did he sign such a contract? Couldnt he just say that I want you to get good money for me if I want to leave, and drop such a ridiculous clause in his contract?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Then why did he sign such a contract? Couldnt he just say that I want you to get good money for me if I want to leave, and drop such a ridiculous clause in his contract?

Perhaps he didn't expect to play so few minutes and thought it would be a good way of pressuring the club to play him more?

Jombi

Perhaps he didn't expect to play so few minutes and thought it would be a good way of pressuring the club to play him more?

Who would pressure Lucho to play him more? Bartomeu? He should impress the coach if he wants to play, not blackmail by threatening to leave and not letting the club get proper money for a sale.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Who would pressure Lucho to play him more? Bartomeu? He should impress the coach if he wants to play, not blackmail by threatening to leave and not letting the club get proper money for a sale.

Wooh, easy there, everything you say here is speculation, I'm sure Bartra wouldn't do anything that harms the club, he's amongst the ones that love barça the most and said so many many many times, just like he said he'd like to live and play in barça forever.

So let's not jump on him based on nothing.

Kohe321

Wooh, easy there, everything you say here is speculation, I'm sure Bartra wouldn't do anything that harms the club, he's amongst the ones that love barça the most and said so many many many times, just like he said he'd like to live and play in barça forever.

Absolutely. Let's not forget that this is not Fifa ultimate team - just because you can afford a player and trigger his release clause doesn't mean you can get him.

Bartra's release clause could be 1 euro and it wouldn't change anything, and neither will temptations of a hefty salary somewhere in England either. I'm 99,9% sure that Bartra will want to stay with Barca regardless of what offers comes in. He is such a culé that during medicals when doctors listen to his heart, all they hear is El Cant del Barca through the stethoscope. :lol:

Last edited:

Jombi

Yes, I agree, that comment didnt look good. I should've added that I dont think that's what Bartra had in mind.

But if Bartra decides to jump ship for dirt cheap when we have a transfer ban and need all the players we have, well, that would not be good, to put it mildly.

Vlom

Absolutely. Let's not forget that this is not Fifa ultimate team - just because you can afford a player and trigger his release clause doesn't mean you can get him.

Bartra's release clause could be 1 euro and it wouldn't change anything, and neither will temptations of a hefty salary somewhere in England either. I'm 99,9% sure that Bartra will want to stay with Barca regardless of what offers comes in. He is such a culé that during medicals when doctors listen to his heart, all they hear is El Cant del Barca through the stethoscope. :lol:

And I love him for that :)

Yes, I agree, that comment didnt look good. I should've added that I dont think that's what Bartra had in mind.

But if Bartra decides to jump ship for dirt cheap when we have a transfer ban and need all the players we have, well, that would not be good, to put it mildly.

He won't jump ship for dirt cheap, I'm sure that even if it comes to that he'll ask to be loaned if possible not sold, we're talking about the only player we never heard complain no matter how many new old and injured CB our stupid board brings in, see his minutes shrink and still gives his best everytime he's asked to, and i'm not saying gives his best to cover his abilities, his best is pretty pretty good, he'd be a starter in 95% of other teams.

Jombi

The problem is that I believe Marc Bartra can be considered world class if he gets to prove himself 15 games in a row. He plays very good even i he plays only once ever 2-3 weeks. If he is given proper match rhythm, the sky is the limit for him, thats how highly I rate him.

Vlom

The problem is that I believe Marc Bartra can be considered world class if he gets to prove himself 15 games in a row. He plays very good even i he plays only once ever 2-3 weeks. If he is given proper match rhythm, the sky is the limit for him, thats how highly I rate him.

I also believe he would be of course, that's why I'd be pissed if we were to sell him before giving a proper shot.

Bran the Greenseer

Would be really hurt if he does leave, cause Barca CBs are a special breed. Having insane heart is like the first requirment just cause of the way we play you need it to survive. Then you need to basically be a midfielder cause you have to be able to inistiate attacks on the dime. And even more so in Bartra's case he's had to be prepared to called upon on a moments notice and play like a top 10 cb after going a month without a minute. Unfortunately for him MAscherano/Pique is such a good partnership but his time will come.

Home of Barca Fans