17 - Marc Casadó

Messi983

I want to believe that.

Me too.

I think players like Darvich and Faye could benefit with Flick ahead of La Masia kids but we'll see.

Don't know if he'll be better or worse than Xavi but he'll clearly see certain players differently.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Me too.

I think players like Darvich and Faye could benefit with Flick ahead of La Masia kids but we'll see.

Don't know if he'll be better or worse than Xavi but he'll clearly see certain players differently.
I think he was hired to have La Masia in mind and use as many players as he can. We ain't got much cash and Flick knows he can't point on a 100M player and get him. Our whole budget for this summer transfer window will probably be like 50M if we don't (or can't) sell anybody...

Messi983

I think he was hired to have La Masia in mind and use as many players as he can. We ain't got much cash and Flick knows he can't point on a 100M player and get him. Our whole budget for this summer transfer window will probably be like 50M if we don't (or can't) sell anybody...

Ofc he will have to depend on La Masia. There were reports about Flick studying our youth players for months. Probably BS (but OTOH he really didn't have anything else to do) but if true he has probably formed an opinion about some or most of them. But watching players's videos and working with them is different. He'll have to see them in trainings to either confirm his perspective or change it (for better or worse). I'm talking about youth players here but obviously the same is valid for current first team players as well.

My point was that Hansi will see some players different. Xavi had a bias towards "true" La Masia kids and Flick probably won't so "foreigners" like Darvich and Faye could have better chances than they would had Xavi stayed.

I don't want to make differences between players based on how much time they are at the club (but ofc those who are here longer should be better adapted to our system) and even less about their nationalities etc. Once they are here they should all be treated the same. What's important is if they are good enough or not. Mika and Noah are as much Barca players who deserve to get a chance to prove themselves than likes of Bernal or Guille.

Messi983

Next year's Fermin.

Didn't rate him too high a year ago but think he did a big step forward this season (as did many players under Rafa tbf).

Should get some playing time in a double pivot.

soul24rage

Vamos!

GQmpfpzXIAAIFs8

Andresito

Staff member
Considering his 'lack' of top talent it would be wise for him to find a role where he can offer something different to the squad, much like Fermin.

Squad players with passion for the shirt are always welcome. Looking forward to seeing him in preseason.

Messi983

He was our best player in 1st half alongside Pau Victor. Level dropped in 2nd but that was probably down to fitness level.

As said he could have similar impact this season as Fermin last year. Not in terms of goals but will prove to be a very useful player. Not a world beater or having any outstanding qualities but a well rounded very commited player with enough abilities and football IQ to make a solid career. Probably won't stay longterm but for the next few years he'll be good as a cheap squad player.

I see bits of midfield Pedro in him but imo Pedro was and still is one of the most underrated players in world football in last 15-20 years so can't really expect Casado to have similar career.

Porque

He has that Pedro workrate which is extremely admirable.

We might want to look at the Marquez way and have him as the RB, giving us yet another midfield in possession.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
He was quite good.
Flick should give him consistent minutes this whole Pre-season and a couple of starting matches in Laliga.

Home of Barca Fans