Mario Gotze

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Gotze is an amazing talent, if he continues this way and gets better I see no reason as to why he wouldn't cement a place for himself in footballing history, but Messi is Messi and the only reason Gotze is compared to him is due to proximity of playing era and having Messi as the "pillar" for all young players to be evaluated next to. Gotze has high potential, he could surpass many historical greats, but there are some that are just untouchable until a truly magical player comes along.

Bleacherreport, like lol.com, is a home for people with a 5th graders understanding of football. Their writers are either way too basic and oblivious, only acknowledging the existence of the most publicized players; or they try too hard to be hipsters and act like every player from a less popular league or lower caliber team is World Class without the appreciation. Any writer/poster with a decently sophisticated or logical opinion is treated like a God.

Die Bayern

Comparing one player to someone else, especially when it is Messi, is plain stupid in my opinion. I was never a fan of that and I can't understand why some people continue to do it. I often wonder if they get some amusement out of it or something..

AfricanBavarian

Great volley by Götze :D
e88b800de908cd7df3ff9a3a84f179c9.jpg

footyfan

Calma, calma
In all honesty, Bayern seems like the team to watch (for neutrals) this season, what Barca used to be 3-5 years ago.

Vapor

In all honesty, Bayern seems like the team to watch (for neutrals) this season, what Barca used to be 3-5 years ago.

They really are great to watch. Will be very hard for anyone to stop them at the level they're at, including us.

Die Bayern

To get a few pointers?

Not trying to take away that amazing goal, but Goetze was meh for me for the rest of the game. Thiago was much better.

I thought he did very well actually. His goal and assist aside he was linking-up with the others very well and was all over the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans