Marquinhos

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Cavani to Madrid, doesn't seem possible? How can they possibly keep Benzema (CF), Cavani (CF) and James Rodriguez (false 9) all happy? That's 3 cracks for 1 spot?

Easy. They screw over James and put him on the wing. They sell Benzema to Arsenal. They sell Di Maria to PSG. They sell Khedira to Arsenal. And they bring Cavani/Falcao and play 4-4-2

----------Ronaldo----Cavani------
James---Kroos---Modric-----Bale
Marcelo-Ramos-Varane-Carvajal

And they proceed to get wrecked.

Trickykid

Sarcasm!!!! What did I even say to be sarcastic :lol:

In this window? I don't remember.. I am thinking about how cavani would fit the current Madrid. The last year one and this one is very different.

Well, shit, sorry about that man. That's what comes from being a horrible, sarcastic prick myself, I guess.

I don't remember if he was rumored to RM this particular window, but it's more or less been a standing romance over the past years, as far as I recall. And yeah, I thought it would makes perfect sense for them to get Cavani and offload Benz. Another galactico in the fold, a stab at us by signing someone who could be called Suarez' equal and an upgrade over Benzema, all for free (I doubt Florentino has much interest in keeping Di Maria - or so it would seem, at least). I think it makes a whole lot of sense.

Trickykid

Cavani to Madrid, doesn't seem possible? How can they possibly keep Benzema (CF), Cavani (CF) and James Rodriguez (false 9) all happy? That's 3 cracks for 1 spot?

Selling Benz is obviously a part of the whole deal. From there, I'm not sure, but then again, nothing points at Ancelotti wanting to part with Di Maria, so him leaving would probably be his own wish coupled with Florentino not seeming overly keen to keep him at his club. So perhaps Cavani would end up being the presidents signing, leaving the headache of shoehorning him into the side to the coach.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well, shit, sorry about that man. That's what comes from being a horrible, sarcastic prick myself, I guess.

I don't remember if he was rumored to RM this particular window, but it's more or less been a standing romance over the past years, as far as I recall. And yeah, I thought it would makes perfect sense for them to get Cavani and offload Benz. Another galactico in the fold, a stab at us by signing someone who could be called Suarez' equal and an upgrade over Benzema, all for free (I doubt Florentino has much interest in keeping Di Maria - or so it would seem, at least). I think it makes a whole lot of sense.

It's Okay.

Cavani is not Suarez equal. Not even close. Sure Madrid fans will say that if he signs for them but cavani is by no means equal to suarez. They are just trying to repeat 2009 transfer window. You would expect them to learn from their mistakes but no they do the same thing again. Last time at least they were desperate but now they have a very decent squad. Should have just ended with kroos signing and kept Di Maria. They need full backs and should convince varane to stay but they go shopping CF's for fun.

Trickykid

It's Okay.

Cavani is not Suarez equal. Not even close. Sure Madrid fans will say that if he signs for them but cavani is by no means equal to suarez. They are just trying to repeat 2009 transfer window. You would expect them to learn from their mistakes but no they do the same thing again. Last time at least they were desperate but now they have a very decent squad. Should have just ended with kroos signing and kept Di Maria. They need full backs and should convince varane to stay but they go shopping CF's for fun.

I think you're underestimating Cavani. He's a bloody goal machine of the finest kind. His stock may have dumped a bit over the past season, but that's not exactly fair, considering he was mostly played out of position. Add to that the insane season that Suarez had in the meantime, and I can understand why some would rate Suarez that much higher. If we went back a year or so, I'm fairly certain that many would rate them more or less equally, though.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I think you're underestimating Cavani. He's a bloody goal machine of the finest kind. His stock may have dumped a bit over the past season, but that's not exactly fair, considering he was mostly played out of position. Add to that the insane season that Suarez had in the meantime, and I can understand why some would rate Suarez that much higher. If we went back a year or so, I'm fairly certain that many would rate them more or less equally, though.
I don't know, Cavani functions a lot better when he's the focal point of a team's attack. And I don't think he would be that in Real Madrid.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Yeah he was very awesome in Napoli. He kind of disappointed last season partly because of playing out wide. He did not play that well in world cup either. Cavani just like Falcao is a goal scoring machine but he does not have that much versatility as Suarez. Suarez can play anywhere in attack he can create a goal he can score a goal he can do anything. Suarez has so much more to offer than Cavani. I am talking about individuall talent anyway. Cavani might be the man who fits perfectly and he may score more goals than Suarez but that does not mean he is better. Stats does not always say the whole story. At present cavani is no match for Suarez in individual talent.

Anyway who do you think is better Aguero or Cavani?

Trickykid

I don't know, Cavani functions a lot better when he's the focal point of a team's attack. And I don't think he would be that in Real Madrid.

Honestly we don't really know about that. Not counting national team footy (it's a completely different beast, as far as I'm concerned) and his season at PSG (for reasons already explained), I've never really seen him in that position. Not being the focal point, I mean. I could easily see him play the Benzema role - without the plethora of misses, that is.

Tomchin

Honestly we don't really know about that. Not counting national team footy (it's a completely different beast, as far as I'm concerned) and his season at PSG (for reasons already explained), I've never really seen him in that position. Not being the focal point, I mean. I could easily see him play the Benzema role - without the plethora of misses, that is.
The game against Chelsea comes to mind ;)

Trickykid

Yeah he was very awesome in Napoli. He kind of disappointed last season partly because of playing out wide. He did not play that well in world cup either. Cavani just like Falcao is a goal scoring machine but he does not have that much versatility as Suarez. Suarez can play anywhere in attack he can create a goal he can score a goal he can do anything. Suarez has so much more to offer than Cavani. I am talking about individuall talent anyway. Cavani might be the man who fits perfectly and he may score more goals than Suarez but that does not mean he is better. Stats does not always say the whole story. At present cavani is no match for Suarez in individual talent.

Anyway who do you think is better Aguero or Cavani?

Well, versatility aside (I completely agree with that part), if you drop Cavani straight into Benzema's position, wouldn't you think that he'd do pretty damn well?

About Cavani and Aguero, if both are at a 100%, I'd say it was a toss-up really.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

That's why I want Real to get Falcao, who will just wait around in the box for the ball. :D

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, versatility aside (I completely agree with that part), if you drop Cavani straight into Benzema's position, wouldn't you think that he'd do pretty damn well?

About Cavani and Aguero, if both are at a 100%, I'd say it was a toss-up really.
Cavani in his natural position, in full form is a monster. I hope Madrid don't buy him.

Home of Barca Fans