Marquinhos

Leo_Messi

Dude, they brushed of Barca twice in a row.

And even marquinhos tried to push for a transfer according to the most two big trusted medias sources in France about PSG.

And each times, PSG won and managed to keep their players. From the moment you compared PSG to Monaco, you were already wrong.

I don't say you will always be wrong, but for now, PSG is not Malaga, not Monaco, nor Porto.

That's the same debate I had here the last two summers. Laugh at me when I'll be wrong, but for now, I was always right on the spot when relating how PSG does things.

Your view on PSG is wrong. You just think it's a mass of money with nothing behind. I totally understand that you might possibly be part of the ones that dislike PSG because they are a new rich club. But if you think the big clubs can have it easy with PSG you're wrong.

Also, Flo is trying to buy Verratti for now two summers in a row, and each time Nasser managed to deal with Flo personally. (their last discussions about verratti was last year when Flo came to paris when they both attended RG)

That's because they did not want to leave as in "I am not going to play a game for the club anymore". They wanted to move but they could clearly live with another season at PSG getting insane wages. After all both were/are young players that are yet to establish themselves. We are talking about players with 1-2 good seasons. Of course it's not the end of the world for them if they have to wait 1-3 more years to get their dream moves which they ultimately will. If they want to.

I never compared Monaco with PSG. Where did you see that? I just said that Monaco was supposed to compete with PSG but now they are a slightly better version of Málaga. Please read my posts.

I never said that I dislike PSG or that I think that PSG is a easy club to buy players from. I don't know why you conclude that based on nothing basically.

Bertus

That's because they did not want to leave as in "I am not going to play a game for the club anymore". They wanted to move but they could clearly live with another season at PSG getting insane wages. After all both were/are young players that are yet to establish themselves. We are talking about players with 1-2 good seasons. Of course it's not the end of the world for them if they have to wait 1-3 more years to get their dream moves which they ultimately will. If they want to.

I never compared Monaco with PSG. Where did you see that? I just said that Monaco was supposed to compete with PSG but now they are a slightly better version of Málaga. Please read my posts.

I never said that I dislike PSG or that I think that PSG is a easy club to buy players from. I don't know why you conclude that based on nothing basically.
Cavani is doing everything to leave the club, just like what you expect from a player that would force a transfer.

He does that since may 2014 and didn't manage to get anything besides fines, bans from playing, benching and being hated by everyone.

Qataries are like that. I don't say I agree. I think what Barca is doing is better aka "when a player really wanna leave, let him go". Qataries are not like that. They already said they are ready to sit on it and let players rot even if they are stars because they won't bend to threats from them.

And sorry, but it gave that impression that you don't know much about how PSG does things and you expect them be like other clubs you know about, but it's not like that, so yeah I apologize. But I assure you you're wrong about what you think of the qataries. They were ready to let TS rot away in 2013. There was no way they would bend to him and Barca. Same last sumlmer for marquinhos and cavani, same for cavani this winter.

And you CAN NOT imagine how I wish they would have sold Cavani long ago.

If any player doesn't want to deal with the qataries, they should never sign any contracts with them.

Also, the french laws protect the french clubs more than in countries like spain. Remember any kind of "release clause" or "release fees", or things like that are prohibited by laws.

When PSG does sell players, it's because they want them out, not because of what the player wants. You mlight think that's horrible mentality and I agree, but that's how it is.

Last edited:

Bertus

Does Cavani still get paid?
PSG can only fine him on days he missed from work. That's how the french laws are.

So as long as he shows up at the training ground, even if he does almost nothing, and does nothing good during match day as seen last night (and lots of people think he does that on purpose), PSG can't do anything to him about his salary.

But contrary to Marquinhos or TS, he's not ready to accept it and move on it seems, hence why there's 0 discussion about a renewal or anything.

Qataries strike hard, make them understand either they will have to accept they are here for the duration of their contract, or let them rot away.

Most players accept it and Qataries tend to give them bonus or better salary after that if they behave like good boys.

In the case of Cavani, they decided to not bend over and the player is acting like a prick anyways. But they will not sell him till they think it's time because they doesn't want to lose to his threats. Which I expect is next summer, hopefully.

Again, I don't say I agree.

edit: Same case for Lavezzi. Tried to force his way out. Failed miserably, now he's just a mere sub while asking his agent to deny everything as if nothing happened.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Cavani is doing everything to leave the club, just like what you expect from a player that would force a transfer.

He does that since may 2014 and didn't manage to get anything besides fines, bans from playing, benching and being hated by everyone.

Qataries are like that. I don't say I agree. I think what Barca is doing is better aka "when a player really wanna leave, let him go". Qataries are not like that. They already said they are ready to sit on it and let players rot even if they are stars because they won't bend to threats from them.

And sorry, but it gave that impression that you don't know much about how PSG does things and you expect them be like other clubs you know about, but it's not like that, so yeah I apologize. But I assure you you're wrong about what you think of the qataries. They were ready to let TS rot away in 2013. There was no way they would bend to him and Barca. Same last sumlmer for marquinhos and cavani, same for cavani this winter.

And you CAN NOT imagine how I wish they would have sold Cavani long ago.

If any player doesn't want to deal with the qataries, they should never sign any contracts with them.

Also, the french laws protect the french clubs more than in countries like spain. Remember any kind of "release clause" or "release fees", or things like that are prohibited by laws.

When PSG does sell players, it's because they want them out, not because of what the player wants. You mlight think that's horrible mentality and I agree, but that's how it is.

Well, don't you think that such an situation is unwanted on the long run? It is going to disrupt the chemistry of the squad completely and ultimately potentially destroy the team results which are all that matter. If Cavani continues this behavior then he will be sold this summer. Otherwise the Qataris are simply stupid to try to keep proving some stupid point that was already proven.

Well the Qataris have to demonstrate that they are no pushovers and that they are serious with their project. I am just saying that there are certain limits that even they cannot cross.

I don't believe that either Marquinhos and Verratti really wanted to move clubs this summer. As in really, really, really wanting to move. I explained shortly why I think so.

No need to apologize. I don't actually dislike PSG nor Ligue 1 and in fact I am hoping to see a stronger Ligue 1.

On the long run they will learn that their current way of handling players that want to leave is counterproductive.

Bertus

Well, don't you think that such an situation is unwanted on the long run? It is going to disrupt the chemistry of the squad completely and ultimately potentially destroy the team results which are all that matter. If he continues this behavior then he will be sold this summer. Otherwise the Qataris are simply stupid to try to keep proving some stupid point that already was proven.

On the long run they will learn that their current way of handling players that want to leave is counterproductive.
Let's agree to disagree and move to this part.

It's just as you said. It's counterproductive, but Qataries are like that. Too proud maybe, I don't know.

And I won't even be surprised if they keep Cavani next summer just because they want to show what he is doing doesn't work.

And they already crossed the lines imo.

BTW, I make great efforts to not sound racist, and if there is any qatar people here posting, I want to say it again, I don't judge Qatar here, I only talk about sport and how they should treat players. I don't imply anything else. No politics, nothing. I already said many times I don't want to mix that with football.

Leo_Messi

Let's agree to disagree and move to this part.

It's just as you said. It's counterproductive, but Qataries are like that. Too proud maybe, I don't know.

And I won't even be surprised if they keep Cavani next summer just because they want to show what he is doing doesn't work.

And they already crossed the lines imo.

BTW, I make great efforts to not sound racist, and if there is any qatar people here posting, I want to say it again, I don't judge Qatar here, I only talk about sport and how they should treat players. I don't imply anything else. No politics, nothing. I already said many times I don't want to mix that with football.

Well, you are obviously more familiar with the dynamics of PSG as a fan than I am.

I don't think that anyone is going to cry "racism" here. Besides it's very difficult for neutrals to like much about the Qatari rulers, their country's laws and the general views predominant in the wealthy Gulf States. I have visited that region of the world and there is indeed a lot to dislike about that region whether you are a Westerner or a Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Indian worker. Of course some positives too.

Anyway do you see Marquinhos as potentially developing into a right back?

Last edited:

Rapha

Okay, but there is always problems of gestion in France and the mentality of play is too bad. There is not many good players in Ligue 1 like in Liga...

Bertus

Well, you are obviously more familiar with the dynamics of PSG as a fan than I am.

I don't think that anyone is going to cry "racism" here. Besides it's very difficult for neutrals to like much about the Qatari rulers, their country's laws and the general views predominant in the wealthy Gulf States. I have visited that region of the world and there is indeed a lot to dislike about that region whether you are a Westerner or a Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Indian worker. Of course some positives too.

Anyway do you see Marquinhos as potentially developing into a right back?
He's a very versatile player. But not a jake of all trades and master of none.

He's already very good as CB, RB or 6.

If I had to bet who among the young defenders has the most potential, I would vote marquinhos for sure.

And yeah, if you are wondering, given his skills, technic and talent, he would be perfect for that playstyle Barcelona is using.

Okay, but there is always problems of gestion in France and the mentality of play is too bad. There is not many good players in Ligue 1 like in Liga...
There are less stars and money that's for sure, but the average joe is not that much less talented than the average joe from la Liga. Coaches are the main problem as that they play very defensive, while in La Liga, they are more based on attacking.

As somebody who have watched games between clubs ranked at the bottom of la Liga, sorry I don't see how they are that much better than the average Joe from the bottom of the Ligue 1. And as I said, if you were that right that players here were so bad, then the ligue 1 would not end up robbed from many of their players every mercatos.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

I don't understand peoples criticisms about French football. It isn't the EPL or La Liga, but bad? Please. France wouldn't be the primary base for scouting talent for big 5 clubs if that were the case. Benzema, Pogba, Hazard, Griezmann, Zouma, Varane, Sakho etc? Those aren't bad players.

Bertus

I don't understand peoples criticisms about French football. It isn't the EPL or La Liga, but bad? Please. France wouldn't be the primary base for scouting talent for big 5 clubs if that were the case. Benzema, Pogba, Hazard, Griezmann, Zouma, Varane, Sakho etc? Those aren't bad players.
Spot on.

And there are many more names. You just quoted stars. But debuchy, Cabaye, sissoko etc.

+ foreign players like Benatia, or even Gervinho who did his big steps in France before joining arsenal and Roma.

Bertus

Very good game tonight again.

He played CB this time since TS was MIA today.

Though one would argue he didn't have to force his talent against an incredibly weak team.

Home of Barca Fans