Marquinhos

Bertus

I thought he was out of the game, how did he recover so quickly?
I guess he's not at 100%.

Blanc is a coward, he prefers to use Marquinhos than playing rabiot in midfield.

And he never tried DL in midfield till now (the 30s against Caen doesn't count).

Blanc tries new things at PSG on CL nights. What a great coach :facepalm:

EdmondDantes

To be fair to Blanc, I don't rate Rabiot as of yet. He has improved a lot since I first saw him but he's not there yet.

As for Marquinhos, he is by and large the best young CB in the world. I remember the Italian scout* who brought him to Europe saying years ago that he was the Neymar of defenders, and to this day that is a very fitting description of the lad. Laporte is second, but Marquinhos is in a league of his own.

Last edited:

Bertus

As for Marquinhos, he is by and large the best young CB in the world. I remember the Italian scouted who brought him to Europe saying years ago that he was the Neymar of defenders, and to this day that is a very fitting description of the lad. Laporte is second, but Marquinhos is in a league of his own.

IMHO, yeah he definitely is the best young CB in Europe right now.

He had a great performance today again.

Check the previous page, his stat is confirmed again. When he starts a game with PSG, PSG never loses.

Jair Ventura

To be fair to Blanc, I don't rate Rabiot as of yet. He has improved a lot since I first saw him but he's not there yet.

As for Marquinhos, he is by and large the best young CB in the world. I remember the Italian scouted who brought him to Europe saying years ago that he was the Neymar of defenders, and to this day that is a very fitting description of the lad. Laporte is second, but Marquinhos is in a league of his own.

At the start of the season before Marquinhos became a regular I had Varane ahead of him as far as youth is concerned. Now the only defenders I have ahead of him are Lahm, Silva, and Godin. It's silly how good he is this early.

EdmondDantes

Varane was never ahead of him in my opinion. He's got the height and that's about it. He's struggling big time at Real. Laporte is a much better player.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Our fucktard scouting team decided against buying this lad when he was available for 31m! But they pay 20m for a defender who won't be fit for another year and another 20m for a 31 year old!

JamDav1982

Our fucktard scouting team decided against buying this lad when he was available for 31m! But they pay 20m for a defender who won't be fit for another year and another 20m for a 31 year old!

Easy in hindsight and even then a lot of people did not want him at club when they were trying to get him again last summer.

20m has not been paid for Vermaelen and 20m was paid for Mathieu but more like 17m due to wages he took and he wasnt 31 when signed.

Ursegor

World Champion
So you say Varane is better then Laporte? How so? Have you seen them playing lately?

Varane doesn't play much. Pepe has been a top 3 CB in the world over the last 12 months or so and Ramos is unbenchable. Varane got thrown into a game against Atletico in the Calderon partnered by Nacho and Coantrao with Khedira infront of him, Casillas clowning around behind him and Bale and Ronaldo doing zilch defensive work upfront. And he looked like a clown. But make no mistake, he is by far the best defensive talent in the world. Laporte has nothing on him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
1. Varane 2. Marquinhos(close second, v close IMO) 3. Laporte

I'd take any of them any day of the week.

Home of Barca Fans