Martin Braithwaite

Zidane82

I think his self-confidence increased after the EURO run. He truly believes like he belongs here now and wants to prove a point. But yeah, don't think he will keep this up as his ability will prevent him from doing so.

He was seriously impressive in the Euros. I changed my opinion on him completely. Hard working and fast was a known but he has a half decent touch as well

ajnotkeith

I think we are suffering from some recency bias. He hasn't had a good season since 2014. He's hit a patch of form right now but to keep it consistent he will have to up his level.

One thing to note is he clearly looks better as a winger than a 9 and again isn't really a real striker like many of our forwards, he is very much so a LW and should be played there

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Truth is he is a terrible finisher. Should stick to headers and first-time finishes as on Sunday. Can remember many instances in these 1,5 years when he wasted great chances that required more than one touch to set them up. He will most likely continue to bottle important chances. Was the same for Denmark at the EUROs.

p.s. I just looked up and he scored only one goal that wasn't a one touch finish for us, the one in Copa against that Segunda B side after Pedri's pass into an open net.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

He was seriously impressive in the Euros. I changed my opinion on him completely. Hard working and fast was a known but he has a half decent touch as well

He was awful in the Euros. Take it from a Dane. If anything, he offers much more to this Barca side than he does for the NT.

ajnotkeith

2 bombshells about Braithwaite today :

1. https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1427588881151582212

2. https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1427583191708229633

(The first report comes from someone not very reliable so I wouldn't take it as truth but Braithwaite is more egoist than many seem to think, at Middlesbrough he was complaining to the media about how the manager didn't see his true talent and shit and the fans hated his personality). So I could believe at least part of that is true.

If it is indeed true he is asking for a salary increase and new terms, despite having three years on his contract as a 30-year-old and getting around 80k a week, we should let him go. Three years on a 80k a week contract at his age and ability is terms he won't even find at Saudi Arabia let alone Barcelona.

BusiTheKing

Absolute nonsense

eh, he ran alot, fought for every ball and maybe the best thing you could say about him was how his spirit rubbed on on the rest of the team in a positive way

but almost every single time he found himself in a position to make a decisive action, he failed. bad finishes, heavy touches, dumb passes.

ajnotkeith

For an "objective" measure he averaged a 6.8 which is one of the lower ratings in the starting 11 Denmark played but in general, 6.8 is decent. Better than the 6.3 he averaged last season in LaLiga for us.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Will wait until more reports come out, but if true...imagine growing an ego when you have a couple of good performances while being a bang average player otherwise.

:lol: :lol:

Horatio

You're welcome
Honestly could be true. All players have agents working for them trying to secure a better future for themselves and their clients. But don’t think Braithwaite is in a powerful position to negotiate. Knows he is fortunate to be at barca so probably will have to accept whatever club demands if he wants to stay.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I was more impressed at his assist than his goals. Look at that speed and the perfect pass, i dont know if coutinho, dembele or aguero would have played it so good. If he accepts his low wages he should stay.

Home of Barca Fans