Martin Montoya

Andrew M

Exactly. For a long time Carvajal was behind Montoya, and now he's starting for RM. Hey, maybe he's more talented, but now we can only make guesses about what would have happened... Alves has been severely overplayed for the past few seasons. Even if Montoya was exactly as shit as Enrique is making him out to be, he still should have gotten more chances. Not necessarily because he deserves them (which he does, really), but because it's logical.

Carvajal had a fantastic year at Bayer Leverkusen. Montoya needs something similar. Sell him with a buyback clause.

psychotsek

Don't say that. Some people here think he is the next Cafu.

The problem is that he was never given a real chance to prove himself or fail.he will probably leave without prooving the one or the other.Having said that i don't believe there is a single person in the world who wants him to leave when the alternates are Dani and lord D especially with the transfer ban in tow.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Permanent deal would be bad. But loan move will not hurt us. He is not starting anyway. Even Tata did not start him afaik but lucho has taken it to a whole new level of avoiding though which is bad but you gotta respect coach opinion and work harder.

Lucho wanted Cuadrado but he got douglas what can he do but play dani every match. By the looks of his current tactics he wanted a RB who could play as a winger for most of the match allowing strikers to play in center. Cuadrado would have fit very well in this system, douglas also fits the system but his quality is very bad. Montoya not so much, but i think lucho should give some more minutes for him to confirm that.

The problem is his current tactics are wrong, i think he should change his tactics and have one attacking fb aka Alba and other defensive like montoya. This way Rakitic can have more freedom in mid. Messi should accept winger/cam role. Suarez should always play as pure 9. Neymar as a inside forward. This way we will have some midfield. Don't know what he is trying to achieve by placing full backs so high up the pitch. We are getting exposed very often and not creating enough chances from midfield.

DinhoR10

A B team RB. One of my favourite young players if you didn't realise.

Was a tank in the youth league last season but has been injured recently. Real prospect though

He's tall right? We might as well play him the RB position is currently empty with Dani in it anyways.

L

linetty

The contract, that expires in June 2015, of Barcelona right back Dani Alves (31) won't be renewed. Montoya will be starter next season. [md]

Zangash

Banned
The contract, that expires in June 2015, of Barcelona right back Dani Alves (31) won't be renewed. Montoya will be starter next season. [md]

Montoya will be a starter next season?

Heh, probably for Liverpool. I hear they quite badly need an upgrade to their RB slot...

Home of Barca Fans