Martin Montoya

DinhoR10

Its not like Bartra get outpaced everyday, and getting outpaced by Bale isn't that big of a deal. But I rather him stick to CB only RB/ RCB in 3-man if absolutely needed.

khaled_a_d

Its only for 6 months. Abidal was never the quickest when he played at LB and he managed fine.

I highly doubt Bartra would be better RB than Montoya the last time we played a fullback who lacks ideal speed like Bartra was Oleguer .different times right now
I understand people who doesn't think Montoya good enough but I highly doubt he is bad enough on comparison to the other alternative .the RB situation has been handled with Zubi the same way he handled the CB for years ie.do nothing and we will have to pay for that for the 1st 6 month of the next season unless Alves suddenly decides 2 years is enough but that is very doubtful (he said b4 he wants to retire in Brazil so he probably thinks this is his last contract in Europe so he would want it on his own terms)

gregorrin10

He may not be 'Alves at his best' material, but i still hope for him to stay, he can be very good rotation player for Alves and from 2016 on for hopefully Danilo. I certainly prefer him to Douglas, who might as well just leave in Keirrison's style. It would be ideal to give Alves a renewed 1-year contract, sell DOuglas and keep Montoya. Or maybe even a btter idea; if Alves really wants only 3-year renewal, it's absolutely too much, especially for those wages, so i say, let him go in the summer and give Montoya a proper chance in 1st 11 at least until January, and then buy Danilo in the summer 2016 or in January, but January option only if Montoya really doesn't work out in that first half of the season 2015/16.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The thing is that many in here complain about a RB after we won a match 5:0. We did not concede and I cannot remember Montoya having serious fuck ups that could have led to that so where is the problem?
If you are used to prime Dani destroying the whole right flank on his own, then I am sorry for you. You will never witness that again.
But in Montoya we have a young player in the position where it is the hardest to find good players. Someone who is fast, a solid defender, good in the air and average in offense. If he would get regular playing time, he could improve in offense. Get more confident, get a better touch around the opponent's box, connect with his teammates etc.

I am really glad Lucho found a solution for our huge problems on the right side because Alves' new role really suits him well and Rakitic also has more opportunities to show his strengths. But considering the future I am sure that Montoya can become at least a reliable squad player. Reading this thread you could sometimes think the guy was some bum.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I am really glad Lucho found a solution for our huge problems on the right side because Alves' new role really suits him well and Rakitic also has more opportunities to show his strengths. But considering the future I am sure that Montoya can become at least a reliable squad player. Reading this thread you could sometimes think the guy was some bum.

+1

Prime Alves is the most unfair barometer to judge him by. Not even current Alves stacks up to THAT Alves. Nor will Danilo/Bellerin and those few that want Darmian, I ask you: how is he any different from Montoya?

Our management has broken the promising young rightback we once had. Let's see if we can revive him.

Edit: Just look at the first half of this thread man. Kid has talent. He is good enough to be a Barca player.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Yeah, I don't think pace is the problem. He's just a horrible defender and doesn't produce much of interest in attack.
Yeah, i was talking about Bartra in context of his potential gig as RB. Besides, if our RB is going more central then i see even less problem for him as he has proven to have good vision and even dribble. Haven't seen him crossing, but his long balls are almost on level of Pique recently.

Last edited:

Zinedinho

Ok. Montoya is faster, but Bartra isn't slow. Besides, I've seen him play many times in that position and my conclusion is that he is a far better RB than Montoya.

Home of Barca Fans