Matthijs de Ligt

Newcomer

Mathijs dont care about money.... his teammates help him choose more modern clothing... MDL wants playing time at the highest level of the game. He loves Frenkie and he admires Messi...

Nah.
He does care about money. Same way most modern players care about money.

If you say to me that PSG + playing time + money < Barça + playing time + money for de Ligt, i'll agree. The same was true for de Jong.

But he does care about his money as much as his playing time and more than Messi and co. Bartomeu didn't convince de Jong to play for Barça thanks to Messi but thanks to improved offer in terms of money and playing time.

Last edited:

Devils

We have 2 turtles a fragile Brazilian flop with no position Nd a 300 year old Vidal. We most definitely needed a mf or two.

Well Vidal is the same age as Pique and Umtiti and Verm are fragile and slow and Todibo also has more of a chance of flopping than becoming a starter CB at Barca.

So yeah we most definitely need a CB as well.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Well Vidal is the same age as Pique and Umtiti and Verm are fragile and slow and Todibo also has more of a chance of flopping than becoming a starter CB at Barca.

So yeah we most definitely need a CB as well.

Pique is still performing compared to the 3/4 players I listed. I think there are cheaper players out there eg kanoute who fit well here. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere in the squad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barto isn't going to 'save the day' this time, as above we don't actually need a CB and neither do PSG; this is likely Nasser and the owners of PSG being butthurt about Frenkie thus throwing their weight around.

Barto was already coming out with excuses yesterday. if De Ligt ends up at Barca this summer, i'll change my profile pic to that gay ass shirtless Ronaldo pic on his yacht for 6months

hes PSG bound

Yes, those who still think there would be a last-minute miracle/reversal will be disappointed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mathijs dont care about money.... his teammates help him choose more modern clothing... MDL wants playing time at the highest level of the game. He loves Frenkie and he admires Messi...

He doesn't care about money yet he hired Raiola. :rolleyes:

At the highest level... I suppose the "Uber Eats Ligue 1" is the highest level... :whistle:

Devils

But I thought you said your sources said he was a done deal and won't be revealed until after July 1st...? Perhaps a done deal for PSG? :lol:

It was a done deal until PSG submitted an offer.

The same thing happened with De Jong, we had an agreement to sign him, PSG came in and changed that but in the end we upped PSG and got him.

As much as you wish it was a done deal for PSG/Juve/Bayern so you can continue to whine...Barca is still in the race.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was a done deal until PSG submitted an offer.

The same thing happened with De Jong, we had an agreement to sign him, PSG came in and changed that but in the end we upped PSG and got him.

As much as you wish it was a done deal for PSG/Juve/Bayern so you can continue to whine...Barca is still in the race.

OK. we have drastically different understanding about what "done deal" means. To me a done deal means both sides have reached an agreement THAT CAN NOT BE BROKEN or REVERSED, to the point that it almost is legally binding (short of signing a legal contract). To you it just means an agreement, formal or not, breakable or not.

Pfft.

jairzinho

I really can't fault him. If PSG is offering crazy money + playing time, then take it. It's a win win.

Players like Mbappe and Deligt are still young. At 24/25 they will have the option to move on. It's up to them.

Givenchy

BREAKING

My sources in Catalunya are telling me that De Ligt as been discarded by Barca.

It's over.

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">DESCARTADO. De Ligt NO fichará por el Barcelona. El jugador no se ve indiscutible en el Barcelona. No es solo un tema económico .De Ligt cree que crecerá más en otro equipo</p>— Alfredo Martínez (@Alfremartinezz) <a href="https://twitter.com/Alfremartinezz/status/1139217747563491333?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">13 June 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

this your source?

seems its a done deal to PSG

Givenchy

atleast this saga is over with. i don't understand 'The player believes he is not able to grow there.' regarding Barca but i guess PSG have guaranteed him he'll start. Raiola is full of shit :lol:

Home of Barca Fans