Mavericky Puig

Andresito

Staff member
Why do yanks have such a hard on for Ricky Poog? Is it because of the marketing on social media? The official Barca handles still post pics of Riqui as if he has any sort of relevance to the team.

behindbrowneyes

Gotta appreciate the hype machine around him that always keeps him relevant in here without him even playing a minute. Normally his thread should be on the second page.

Iniesta Ultra

I don't have much faith in Xavi anymore besides keeping us in top four after Morata and Torres ideas. Guess I have to get comfortable with watching wannabe-Barca indefinitely.

Like watching a trainwreck that manages not to completely fall of the tracks. "Secure" play.

Bobo32

Why do yanks have such a hard on for Ricky Poog? Is it because of the marketing on social media? The official Barca handles still post pics of Riqui as if he has any sort of relevance to the team.
Why do posters who rarely post anything of value feel the need to get into a thread like this only to post some sarcasms? What are the opinions and analyses of such posters?
I would prefer to see Puig instead of dead rakitic when the former was still a teenager. But we are past that. We have actually really young and really promising players, younger than him while he doesn't seem to have progressed one bit.
He is entertaining though, as a pet.
Apart from the woeful sarcasms here - the nervous distancing to try and lift yourself up, I agree with this post. It was urgent to play Puig while Messi was there who needed someone to combine with, and while the midfield alternatives were Rakitic and Vidal... Gavi, Pedri, de Jong and Nico are all decent enough, and it is to some extent a matter of style and taste - you need to have a taste like mine to prefer Puig over them... I still do prefer him, and I love all of those who still do, too! You have a romantic view of this game and you see with your own eyes to judge, that is enough!

mc_lovin

What's there to discuss? We can crunch data and shit, but the eye test is ridiculously tilted towards Gavi and Pedri... they are literally classes apart. Especially when you watch them without the ball.

Hope he has a good time for Granada or wherever he ends up. Maybe he can surprise us, more options are always welcome.

Last edited:

Porque

I know it has been said before, but I can't believe Puig will be 23 already this Summer. Needs to go for the sake of his career this summer.

His only league start under Xavi was when Gavi, Pedri and Busquets were all unavailable. So he is cemented as 6th midfield option for Xavi. Probably 7th if Sergi Roberto were available.

Last time he played was getting tugged off at HT versus Linares on 5th Jan. So that pretty much says it all on how Xavi rates him. I know it's cliche but it is fair to suggest that Xavi will have a very good judgement of what makes a great midfield.

Andresito

Staff member
Why do posters who rarely post anything of value feel the need to get into a thread like this only to post some sarcasms? What are the opinions and analyses of such posters?

There's no discussion to be had. This whole Riqui saga has already been milked out, and the fact that absolutely nothing has changed for him during these past 2-3 years, DESPITE the change of coaches and players around him, there are still people living in a fantasy world trying to make a case for him.

Rory

Surprised that the “coaches know best” brigade can’t accept that coaches are right about Puig. Can’t have it both ways, coaches always right about Busquets and always wrong about Puig. Hmm.. almost like it’s a shitty argument point to use only when it favours what your opinion is.

Home of Barca Fans