Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

He always plays well when given the chance, like I've said good option to have in the squad, he shouldn't be black balled

That always gets repeated when isnt the case.

Was not good when came on midweek and was not good in majority of games he started last season.

Did well enough today and was improvement on Coutinho in that position.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I said it before and will say it again: he should play in the attacking third. I can see him being a decent LW/RW/CAM. His attacking instincts and a decent shot enable him to do well there, his miniature frame won't be as big of a weakness. He is easily a better LW/RW option than Coutinho now.

khaled_a_d

He is an attacker or 4th midfield option, he isn't a midfielder for us at all.
Was a good sub for Coutinho, awful once moved back to midfield

ajnotkeith

Sometimes I wish Puig would start like 10 games in a row so the playing time debate can be put to bed and we can see how good he is really

Horatio

You're welcome
Liked his showing today and the fact he tries to make most of his minutes. He seems to be happy though. Has winner mentality on pitch for someone who is not willing to compete for a spot in the team and make it as a football player.

kattanib

Credit where its due. He had a positive influence though there is something about him that is lacking, difficult to pin point it though. Sub material like Roberto

AL-MALKI

He shouldn't be playing with men on the field...kids might do well but with men not so much...sad thing he is backed by Catalan media and going to take the playing time of Nico and Gavi which is a huge problem

BerkeleyBernie

Look, the reason people like Puig is because he's dynamic and entertaining, which is why a LOT of us watch footie. I'd rather watch a team lose playing exciting football than win playing sterile.

The best coaches can do both, but are paid/hired primarily to win.

I didn't watch today's match yet but Puig appeared twice in the highlights. First, with a lovely backheel trap/flick to Dest after recovering the ball in Levante's box. Second, his run with Fati, drawing a defender wide with his run, making it easier for Fati to score.

Last edited:

Rory

Found his role in the squad. When the opponent is tired and maybe we are too, fresh legs and energy in Puig is a great intro. Don't think he's a 90 min man but that doesn't mean he can't play plenty of mins.

Home of Barca Fans