Mehdi Benatia

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If it's true ofc. You right now only have two sides saying completely different things. Who are right, who are wrong, who are lying, who are not, none of us knows.

M

Messi4life

Things Benatia did over the summer:

• He has talked in Moroccan TV that he was more than happy to go to Bayern, City or Manchester United.
  • Whining about his salary even though he actually has been offered a hefty pay increase right when the negotiations took place during the summer.
  • Refused to train with the team.
  • Refused to attend the team's (Romas) common dinners
  • Made people like Totti and De Rossi angry with his behavior.
  • Forced Roma to sell him at a sale price

I'm so fucking happy that Barca didn't sign him (even though he's a really good player), Benatia is an asshole!

• He has talked in Moroccan TV that he was more than happy to go to Bayern, City or Manchester United.
  • Whining about his salary even though he actually has been offered a hefty pay increase right when the negotiations took place during the summer.

I'm so fucking happy that Barca didn't sign him (even though he's a really good player), Benatia is an asshole!

So he wanted to join a bigger team and forced a move. Big deal. It's not like no player has ever done that before. If anything, we should have capitalized on the opportunity and snapped him up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Refused to train and attend Roma's common dinners? Que? He has trained with the team and played pre-season friendlies all summer. Never heard that before you posted it here now.

Tomchin

Huge exaggeration imho. Abidal refused to train for several days with Lyon to force a move, and so did Mascherano. Does that both make them assholes?

Cule4life

The Culest
Huge exaggeration imho. Abidal refused to train for several days with Lyon to force a move, and so did Mascherano. Does that both make them assholes?

Yep these hipsters will say anything to justify that we missed out on a great defender to secure our defense for the future. Also Suarez tried to force a move away from Liverpool with the infamous "40m+1 clause". Llorente also tried to force a move but ppl sympathized with him. Everything is not so black and white in football.

And this is if the rumours are true which we cant say at the moment

anguy

So he wanted to join a bigger team and forced a move. Big deal. It's not like no player has ever done that before. If anything, we should have capitalized on the opportunity and snapped him up.

It's not really that big deal. The problem is that now he's lying, that he didn't forced a move - he is saying it was club who forced him to go and sold him, which is based on those reports above BS.

Last edited:

spark

Wow these are shocking.

Not. They are all Kindergarten level misdemeanors. Mascherano refused to play against Man City to push through transfer here. Abidal and Aulas were essentially at war at Lyon so he could come here. Its the food chain in full effect and luckily we're at the top financially and in prestige.

Xavinho

Agreed. If I were a Bayern fan, I honestly wouldn't give two shits about what he did at Roma. If anything, Bayern were smart to snap him up when Roma wanted him out. Still not changing my position: we should have bought him instead of Vermaelen.

And how would we have achieved that? According to Pallotta, they had no intention of letting him leave. It was only later, after we'd signed Vermaelen, and after Benatia's alleged actions had come to light that they decided to sell him.

Trickykid

And how would we have achieved that? According to Pallotta, they had no intention of letting him leave. It was only later, after we'd signed Vermaelen, and after Benatia's alleged actions had come to light that they decided to sell him.
Don't bring logic and reason to the discussion, please. It's completely uncalled for.

xavi_the_Boss

Wow did he really say that he wanted to stay at Roma but they had to sell him because they needed Money?
Yeah Players force transfer but that got nothing to do with him lying about it after the move to Bayern.(if its true ofc.)

Ursegor

World Champion
148 pages. So many fans. :worthy:

What's everyone's favourite Benatia moment then? Mine is when Gervinho was ruining Benatia the last time he was playing in the Champions League.

Benatia%20owned%20by%20Gervinho%20lel.gif

Benatia%20owned%20by%20Gervinho%202.gif

Home of Barca Fans